We have just returned from the Cordial Mogan Playa. I think most people have already covered how impressive this hotel is, so here is some additional useful info:
1. There is no need to take beach towels as the hotel provide one per person which can be changed as often as you wish.
2. If you get the option of having a taxi transfer this would be well worth it - it took us around 2 hours to get there by coach after many drop offs in Puerto Rico.
3. As another reviewer has said, wait until you have been to your room before paying for the fridge - ours was already unlocked and the hotel don't appear to be bothered by you buying food/drinks from the supermarket opposite to put in the fridge.
4. The hotel got busier throughout the week that we were there and on the last day we struggled to get a lounger by either of the pools at 11. It is mainly down to the usual problem of people putting towels on loungers early in the morning and not using them until later in the day!
5. People sitting at tables in the bar areas seem to take priority over people stood at the bar when it comes to being served (frustrating when all you are waiting to do is pay for an ice-cream you have helped yourself to from the freezer).
6. On arrival we were given the option of which dinner sitting we wanted (6.30 to 7.30 or 8.30 to 9.30) however, we were told that if we wanted to change this one evening we could do as long as we let reception know.
And finally I can confirm that the Mogan Valle apartments are now open.
Overall this is an excellent hotel with just a few minor points that i believe are letting it down from becoming 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria