This is a lovely 4 star hotel.
Customer service – excellent. Friendly, English speaking, very accommodating.
Rooms – comfortable, clean, spacious. I believe some other Tripadvisors have advised requesting a sea-view. I didn’t have this luxury, but was perfectly comfortable in my room (for the little time I spent there).
Spa – beautiful, relaxing, though expensive. If you want a basic mani/pedi – there are plenty of local salons which are much much cheaper.
Swimming pools – lovely. However be warned, although it is documented in the hotel brochure that reserving sun loungers is not allowed, I observed many people doing this. People put their towels down the night before, came down before breakfast and swapped them for clean towels, disappeared off then reappeared around 11am. Some people therefore secured the best spots at the pool for their entire stay. There are some other sun loungers around in sunny places, but I did find it annoying.
Food – excellent buffet breakfast. Half-board meant that there was a buffet evening meal. If you want the earlier setting, you need to specify this clearly early on, maybe prior to arrival, as this sitting seemed to be the most popular. I was also informed that if you preferred to have lunch, this was possible too. However my experience that the breakfast was so plentiful, and you could take a “doggy bag” of fruit and pastries, so you don’t really need lunch if you are having your evening meal in the hotel. I had no complaints about the food, unlike some other Tripadvisors.
Activities – there are numerous sporting activities which, as far I could tell from the hotel brochure, are free. I didn’t get involved in many of these, but the aquagym looked fun.
Beach – 5 minute walk away. Sun loungers for hire. A lovely walk in the evening to Puerto de Mogan. Lots of things to see and do. I particularly enjoyed watching locals playing dominoes.
Entertainment – I thought this was great despite some of the other comments of Tripadvisors. Family-friendly, good fun.
Supermarket – 2 minute walk away. I would recommend stocking up on water and soft drinks here.
Summary – fantastic relaxing family-friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria