I booked this hotel for a week at the end of February having been recommended it by a friend. I was not disappointed. I had emailed ahead and asked for a sunny and quiet room and got a lovely single room overlooking the pool nearest the reception area. The sun shone in all afternoon and, even though there were guests on either side of me, I didn't hear them and slept well every night.
Unlike a lot of reviews, I thought the food was good, plentiful and varied - breakfasts were especially good. Breakfast is served from 7.30 to 10.30 which is great for choice, as I went for a swim or to the gym (very nice gym) first, I would go to breakfast around 9.45, loads of space and I could take my time - they weren't hurrying you out.
The hotel seems very good for older people and people with a disability - this is just my impression as I didn't get anyone's opinion on that.
The spa was lovely but very expensive, I had the most expensive pedicure of my life there, but they did a good job!
The only disappointment I had was not with the hotel but with Puerto Mogan itself. I felt that there really was nothing there except the hotel. The beach is nice, but small, and the surrounding harbour was pretty but underwhelming. There are signs everywhere of the Spanish boom and bust - especially just outside the hotel entrance where a large shopping centre was built but very few of the shops occupied - and a lot of concrete.
This was a break that I wanted to just totally relax, have no responsibilities and soak up some Vit D - I got it all from the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria