Chose this hotel after extensive research into Gran Canaria, it just felt right. Prior to arrival I had e-mailed to ask for a high room overlooking the pool. Arrived at 7.20 pm after a longer than average trip from the airport, dropping off at about 15 hotels on the way. First tip invest in a private transfer which takes about 45 minutes.
We were greeted at reception by a happy, smiling lady who welcomed us with a glass of champagne. A good start got even better when she had our e-mail request in front of her and allocated just the room we asked for.
We asked for 2nd sitting at dinner, 1st is from 6 to 7.30 and second from 8.30 onwards. We were allocated a table but asked to change after the first night because of a draft from a nearby door. No problem at all.
The food at the hotel is excellent with plenty of variety, empty dishes were soon replenished and the variety is very good. One minor niggle, sometimes the food was a little on the cool side. However, there is a microwave and a short blast soon heats it up.
Breakfast can be a bit manic as no tables are allocated so you have to sort one out for yourself, however, empty tables become available all the time and are re-set quickly. We were not kept waiting at all.
There are two pool bars and one that serves a buffet lunch if required. Snacks are available at both bars.
Rooms are quite large and comfortably furnished, the bathroom needed a little tlc as some grouting needed replacing, minor problem. They are clean with change of linnen as needed.
The grounds of the hotel are extensive, beautiful, well maintained and contain two very large pools. Unfortunately the usual morons get up at 7am to get towels on chairs despite being asked in the room info not to do it. I do wish hotels would remove all towels on chairs before a certain time. Some were reserved at 7.30 and not occupied until the afternoon, completely selfish. There are plenty of beds so you can usually find one at one or other pool.
Staff at the hotel are brilliant, nothing is too much trouble and they are always smiling, suggesting a very happy team. Friday evening there is a Managers reception when all managers are present to talk to guests whilst enjoying a complimentary drink. In my experience few senior managers put their heads above the parrapit and expose themselves to the every day complaints of customers, these did and this showed how confident they are in the product they have.
The walk into the port/beach area takes about 5/7 minutes. It is a beautiful area with narrow streets, all pedestrianised, containing bars, shops and restaurants. Relax with a drink overlooking the sea. The whole sea front has the same mix of facilities. The beach is golden sand with both chairs/umbrellas and a large area if you want to sit on the sand.
Friday there is a huge market which takes over the whole of the village and is great for wandering through.
Having spoken to other visitors from other parts of the island who visited the village all agreed it was the most attractive village they visited, this was borne out for us whilst dropping off people at different hotels an our arrival.
All in all a great hotel with terrific service and good food. Relaxing and most enjoyable. Would we return? Most definately, Would we reccommend it to others? Most definately
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria