This relatively large hotel manages to appear more like a boutique establishment by the excellent siting of the bedroom blocks in small units of no more then a few storys high, all set in magnificent grounds of lush foliage and waterfalls.
The public areas are spacious and airy with various levels to give a different vista at each turn.
The breakfast buffet was a feast to both the eye and stomach. For dinner there was if anything almost too much choice (watching the waistline!!). Again, I pay tribute to the wonderful staff who were a joy. The hotel wraps the guests in such a cocoon of enjoyment that my Wife and I seldom left the grounds and when we did, were delighted to return! Problems? very minor: whilst the hotel has a policy of not allowing the hogging of sunbeds by placing towels etc on them and then going off, unfortunately this was not policed and there were a few mornings when all the beds were "taken" but only a handful were occupied. Because the dinners were buffet service, the only disappointment was the lack of properly cooked fish. Most nights the fish was very overcooked and therefore dry and a bit tasteless. However these points were very insignificant when taken in the context of the overall experience. Would recommend this hotel highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria