Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
A most unusual layout for a hotel, not boring and repetitive blocks, but imaginative and tropical.
Water and streams are used to effect and really enhance the the atmosphere.
Reception was polite and efficient, we were shown to our room by a friendly porter who pointed out the salient points of the hotel as we went.
The room passed all tests for cleanliness, we could not detect anything wrong at all, it also stayed that way as room service was first class. The air conditioning worked well and was not noisy or intrusive.
The grounds are very well kept with interesting trees and shrubs in abundance.
Both pool areas are clean and well maintained, the use of salt instead of chlorine is a huge plus as you don't leave the pool smelling of bleach. There are ample sun beds, the most comfortable I've ever met, with parasols available.
Food was first class at all times with a wide selection, well cooked and replaced frequently. One complaint is that water is not supplied free at dinner and costs E2.1 for a small bottle.
The management tried hard to make everyone's stay a success and were often seen “walking the patch” a questionnaire we completed outlined that the morning coffee was not hot enough, this was soon rectified.
Evening entertainment was generally good, the Choice Show Band were very professional and put on an excellent show. Other tribute bands were also worth a visit.
Tea and coffee facilities in rooms were not available anywhere despite some brochures saying they were.
Bar drinks are a bit pricey but can be bought outside at a reasonable price, no one seemed to worry if you brought in a carry bag full of drink. There is a fridge in the room, handy for keeping beer and water cool.
The harbour area is pleasant to walk around at night with many bars and restaurants available. The beach is safe and sandy (sahara sand) and only a short walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria