We were a little apprehensive as we were "stuck" here for 10 days! But we needn't have worried.
The hotel fully deserves the 4 star rating ...and maybe even more. it is clear there are friendly and professional managers here. I have always said...happy managers = happy staff= happy (repeat) customers.
Reception was effortless, friendly and smiling. And Wow! The hotel itself is just a wonderful collection of well designed and thought out buildings. The reception area just beggars a stroll around. Our room was fine with all you will need for a sun holiday. We experienced some noise, like furniture moving, but a polite word to our neighbours fixed the problem. Our "double" bed..why 2 singles?? And the mattress? Mmmm...hard and not nice. TIP...ask for a softer over mattress. I only realised this the day we left!!
The pools are the centre pieces and deservedly so. Plenty of sun beds and great bar service. Each lounger has a wireless pager for service! The pools themselves are spotless as are the surrounds. I prefer the pool nearest the reception. Less pesky, noisy kids.
The gardens and their maintenance are a credit to the gardeners and my compliments to them as an ex landscape designer. The hotel caters for 1,000 guests with about 260 staff. However you don't ever feel there are 1,000 guests!
The restaurant is wonderful. We luckily had an outside table and were able to enjoy the gardens and the water features which were right beside us. Fabulous! There was never a sense of rush or panic as is often the case with buffets. But then we always wait awhile.
If I have a gripe it is with the food. The breakfast is deffo one of the best we have had in any hotel, including many a 5 star. Lots of fresh fruit, great pastry and bread selection, meats, cheeses, juices, shakes, smoothies, cereals, hot buffet, cava (!) etc, etc. I had only one gripe here. I like bacon as do most people in the morning. The bacon offered was uncooked, white and should not have left the kitchen as it did...it should have been crispy. Also, the sausages were not good.
The dinner for us became monotonous. I would suggest less salads and more live cooking stations such as a paella station and a pasta/pizza station in addition to the meat/carvery station. There is a pizza station but well hidden away! The hot buffet selection just did not do it for us. It was bland and uninspiring. The desserts were good and varied. We ate out twice, once in the village and once in the restaurant upstairs. Worth a visit, if a bit pricey.
A special mention to the wonderful and ebullient Carmello, the maître d'. And to our professional and attentive waiter, Alfonso. Both true professionals who helped make our stay a very enjoyable one.
The cleanliness throughout the hotel was exemplary. My other half has hawk eyes for the smallest speck of dust and this hotel passed with flying colours!!
All in all this gets 5 from us as there are far too many good and great points that far outweigh any small gripes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria