“Delicious Italian food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Delicious Italian food”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The food in this restaurant was so tasty we went their three times for dinner and once for lunch during our 2 week stay in Puerto Mogan. The homemade desserts are fantastic, especially the semifreddo. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. Great position on the sea front with a lovely view. I loved the special aubergine parmigiana which was supposed to be a starter but I had a bigger portion as a main course. At lunchtime we asked if they did anything like Canarian potatoes, which they don't, but they came out with a wonderful plate of baby new potatoes and baby plum tomatoes with a parsley, garlic and olive oil dressing - it was so delicious they should put it on the menu!

• Visited May 2014

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Pasta as good as it gets!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Giuseppe, (whose English is brilliant, having spent 12 years working in Harrogate, England) remembered me from the last time I was there, and I his superb food... His home-made pasta is as good as it gets. I recommend his 'linguine tutti frutti di mare', with a surprise light savoury pastry crust, keeping in all the flavours - what a delight! Excellent service and food quality, in the lovely seaside port of Puerto de Mogan Even with plenty of competition close by, it is still outstanding.

• Visited May 2014
Glasgow
“Good quality food.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We ate in here twice. The first time was very good and the second time not quite so good. It may have been choice of dish 'sea food platter' that spoilt it for me I've had better. Nice friendly staff though.

• Visited April 2014
Luton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Went to Calima for lunch and dinner while on holiday food and service was brilliant, all made fresh on site and tastes amazing. The owner was really friendly and you could easily sit there all day and watch the world go by while tucking into some wonderful authentic Italian food. My husband would highly recommend the calzone at dinner and I would recommend the freshly made ciabatta at lunch I'm still thinking about it a week later. If you get an opportunity to visit stunning Puerto Morgan please make time to eat here you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Lille, France
“A very pleasant location to chill out”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had visited Puerto de Mogan on several occasions many years ago, and so was curious to see if and in what way it had changed. On my first day i opted for the first restaurant I could find with a free table in the sunshine. I don't recall the name of that restaurant, but even if I did, I would not recommend it to anyone, given the state of the semi-comatose hamburger which they served me.
On my next visit, I took time to wander up and down the marina and beach fronts. I love Italian food, and spotted Calima Ristorante Italiano Lounge Bar. I found my table in the sun and was served by the delightful Annette. The manager Guiseppe, the chef and others are true Italians, and made me feel very welcome. I really enjoyed chatting to them and the food and service were excellent. As it happens, I didn't bother to seek out alternatives after that day and returned to Calima on several occasions. Do give it a try when you are in the area!

• Visited March 2014