“Pasta as good as it gets!”
Review of Calima Restaurant Lounge - CLOSED

Calima Restaurant Lounge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Pasta as good as it gets!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Giuseppe, (whose English is brilliant, having spent 12 years working in Harrogate, England) remembered me from the last time I was there, and I his superb food... His home-made pasta is as good as it gets. I recommend his 'linguine tutti frutti di mare', with a surprise light savoury pastry crust, keeping in all the flavours - what a delight! Excellent service and food quality, in the lovely seaside port of Puerto de Mogan Even with plenty of competition close by, it is still outstanding.

• Visited May 2014

Glasgow
“Good quality food.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We ate in here twice. The first time was very good and the second time not quite so good. It may have been choice of dish 'sea food platter' that spoilt it for me I've had better. Nice friendly staff though.

• Visited April 2014
Luton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Went to Calima for lunch and dinner while on holiday food and service was brilliant, all made fresh on site and tastes amazing. The owner was really friendly and you could easily sit there all day and watch the world go by while tucking into some wonderful authentic Italian food. My husband would highly recommend the calzone at dinner and I would recommend the freshly made ciabatta at lunch I'm still thinking about it a week later. If you get an opportunity to visit stunning Puerto Morgan please make time to eat here you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Lille, France
“A very pleasant location to chill out”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had visited Puerto de Mogan on several occasions many years ago, and so was curious to see if and in what way it had changed. On my first day i opted for the first restaurant I could find with a free table in the sunshine. I don't recall the name of that restaurant, but even if I did, I would not recommend it to anyone, given the state of the semi-comatose hamburger which they served me.
On my next visit, I took time to wander up and down the marina and beach fronts. I love Italian food, and spotted Calima Ristorante Italiano Lounge Bar. I found my table in the sun and was served by the delightful Annette. The manager Guiseppe, the chef and others are true Italians, and made me feel very welcome. I really enjoyed chatting to them and the food and service were excellent. As it happens, I didn't bother to seek out alternatives after that day and returned to Calima on several occasions. Do give it a try when you are in the area!

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, owners and location.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Walking along peurto Mogan and we decided to eat at Calima. The owner came to greet us and walked us through his specalities (his wife is the chef) he was so friendly and welcoming speaking to us about where to visit in Italy. I asked if they had a prawn linguine on the menu- they didn't but they cooked me one without it being on the menu and catered to my taste. My partner had an extra spicy pizza and loved it! For dessert we had the chocolate salami, which again was so tasty. After the dinner, the owner let us sample some of his homemade liquer for free which was a lovely end to our evening. We liked it so much we came back and had the exact same meals 4 days later. Visit, you will not be disappointed. The food is amazing, and you can look over the beach and watch the sunset while you eat.

• Visited May 2013