“Very well looked after”

Gran Canaria Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Gran Canaria Divers is a modern diving center, located in Puerto de Mogan, on the island of Gran Canaria. Also known as Venice of the Canary islands, Mogan offers great diving all year around. Our house reef is very popular with many dive centers on the island and offers some of the best diving around. Right in front of our dive center, we have barracudas, angel sharks, eagle and sting rays, tunas and schools of smaller fishes. We have brand new Aqua Lung & Mares professional diving center equipment. We know how important it is to have equipment you can trust, so we went for the best. Our staff is all high PADI ranking, very experienced and friendly. If you choose to do your PADI course with us, we will make sure you come out the best diver you can be. With safety and fun in mind, our courses are done individually or in very small groups and we do training dives on our beautiful house reef, right in front of our diving center. On a daily basis we have 2-3 guided shore, boat, cave or night dives. We also dive the natural reserve El Cabron and the north shore of the island... So see you soon in the blue :)
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My stay in Gran Canaria in November 2013 coincided with Boyan and Gerry taking over the center from Nejc. Thus I had the pleasure of diving with these really competent and very friendly new guys. I am an older and relatively inexperienced diver and I tend to be sometimes a little nervous. However, I felt very well looked after and safe with Boyan and Gerry and enjoyed the diving (6 dives) immensely. The equipment is in good condition (12 liter tanks thus allowing long dives) and the center is cozy (good coffee and nice, warm showers). There were always thorough body checks and detailed briefings before setting off and underwater the diving instructors kept a careful watch on everyone. Due to unusual windy weather, I did not manage to dive in El Cabron – we drove there but on seeing the conditions, we turned back. I thus did most of my dives in the reef at Puerto de Mogan just a few meters from the diving center. This is very beautiful with caves to visit and dozens of different types of fish to be observed (e.g. trumpet fish, morays, lizard fish, parrot fish and (a highlight!) stingrays). From my experience, I can really highly recommend the diving center to both experienced divers and beginners.

1  Thank Valerie B

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I completed 8 dives with Nejc and his team, completing my Advanced Open Water qualification in the process. They're a great bunch of people: fun to be with, safety conscious, extremely helpful and anxious to ensure each of their customers has the best experience. Their dive packages are excellent value for money - I found them to be the cheapest in town considering they don't charge extra for using all their gear - well maintained kit that's in excellent condition. These guys enjoy diving and enjoy sharing their knowledge. I had great fun with these people, saw some great underwater scenery and lots of wildlife.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have been diving with quite a lot of dive schools all over the world in the recent years but this dive school is by far one of the best - Nejc and his team are great divers: very professional, very experienced and really caring! We had so much fun exploring the great divesites with them around Mogan and El Cabron with an abundance of marine life (e.g., 3 octopus right at the first minutes of our first dive, huge schools of grunts, morays, sting rays, and so much more to discover). Visibility was great (>20m) and also the water temperature of 22 degrees celsius was just right with the brand new 5mm wetsuits they provide. Their equipment in general is very well maintained, service is great, group size was 1 instructor for 2-3 divers. Overall, perfect diving days! Thank you so much and hopefully see you soon again! Cheers, Jana and Alex

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent the last two weeks at Gran Canaria and had a really great time diving with the Gran Canaria Divers.

The dive center is perfectly located next to the beach of Puerto de Mogán. It's clean and they have good equipment. Furthermore, it's very professional and well organized.
Nejc and his team are very friendly, always smiling, making some jokes and whenever you need some help there is someone to help you right away.

We went to several different dive spots, like some nice wrecks and reefs which are located 2-10 minutes by boat away from the dive center. There you can see lots of different fishes, several morays, sepia, octopuses and often also rays (sting rays, eagle rays, butterfly rays and electric rays) and when you are lucky you can also see an angleshark.
We also had two great dives in the natural reserve El Cabrón which is located in the east of the island.
Furthermore, we did two amazing dives in the north near the capital of Gran Canaria, Las Palmas. For the first dive we went to "La Catedral" which is a big cave where you can dive through. You can either go deep to the buttom of the cave which is approximately at 40-50m or stay at the top of the cave at 24m.
For the second dive we went to a 110m long wreck at 30m. The wreck is laying on its side and you can easily dive through it. It was really great.
Whenever you go to a dive spot which is far from the dive center the team of the Gran Canaria Divers pack the equipment for you and check properly that nothing is missing. They also offer you some water and some croissants and muffins in the time period you spend at the shore before you start for the second dive.
Furthermore, the dive planning is really good, they always explain the way you'll dive and the most important things to you. Underwater they really take care for you. They ask you whether everything is ok and check regularly that noone is missing.

They also organize some night dives for you whenever you ask for it.
Furthermore, they offer several courses, including specialities like Underwater Photography. I really enjoyed the Underwater Photography course. Nejc is a great Underwater Photographer and he explained everything very well. At the first photodive he took the camera first and showed me how to handle it and he took some nice photos of me. In the second half of the first photodive it was just me having the camera but he was always at my back, looking at the display and helped me to improve the pictures by moving the strobes and giving some tips. After the dives he showes you how to edit the photos with Photoshop e.g. to get rid of the particles. He also edits the best one for you so you got some nice pictures.

I recommend to everyone to go diving with the Gran Canaria Divers. There you are definately in safe hands and you'll have amazing dives and a great time.
My last dive with them was just 3 days ago and I already miss diving with them quite a lot and I'm really looking forward to go diving with them again.
Thank you for everything! You really made my holiday =)

1  Thank DiverKatha
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We did 3 dives with Nejc and his team during our two week stay. We where very impressed with the gear and professionalism of the team. I would certainly recommend them to anyone staying in Puerto Mogan or the nearby resorts.