“Good value, great location”

Restaurante la Tortuga
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We gave the tortoise a try because of all the places on the harbour front, its not laid out so that you are eating cheak by jowl with other diners. Service whilst nothing special, is absolutely fine. On both of our visits we opted for the fish platter: this is good value and makes for a nice change. A very plesant evening in a great location. We had room for desert but the prices were silly, so we passed. We would certainly return.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante la Tortuga

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This place reminded me of those beach restaurants that are opened only couple of months a year, because it had that atmosphere. Not very classy interior, wi-fi is not included (as on many restaurants in Gran Canaria), unformell staff that where lively and loud.
But the food was great, staff were greit and helpfull. I had fresh fish (dorade) and it was superb. Only problem was that thay had only 4 pieces of dorade to offer that day!!! so my wife couldn't get any.
Location is great, as whole of Puerto de Mogan is.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having read the reviews here my husband and I decided to eat here on the last night of our holiday on 14th December. I really wish we had not. We both ordered the saddle of lamb as another reviewer had recommended this dish. When the food arrived I was shocked to see a tiny little lamb steak which had been cut up into bite size pieces (looked like something you might serve a three year old child) accompanied by 2 hash browns and a sprinkling of chopped carrots. Disgraceful to charge over 20 Euro per plate for this rubbish. When I tried to complain I was completely ignored by staff. Don't waste your money here, there are plenty of nice restaurants in Mogan - this is not one of them.

1  Thank AyrshireJacquie
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate here twice and on both occasions had wonderful food with excellent friendly service at tables overlooking the harbour.
On our second visit we shared sole stuffed with prawns in lobster sauce - to die for, one of my top 5 all time meals and costing around 30 eu per head with wine and tips

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We read about this restaurant in a blog, where the author recommended the lamb saddle served here.
I can only say that we agree to 100%. We even got back here from our hotel in Playa del Cura to have the same dish as our farewell dinner.

The lamb saddle, and the sauce to go with it, was absolutely wonderful.
The staff was very nice and efficient, and we had a free paté for a starter and free honey rum when getting the bill.

The location just by the marina is great, and it's nice to look at all passers by and all boats.