“Fantastic night out!”

Basil's Bistro
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beautiful and elegante restaurant in the harbour with nice views, great atmosphere and value!!You are advised to book to avoid disappointment as space is limited.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We found this restaurant on the last day of our holiday, wish we had gone there sooner, it is such a pretty setting looking out across the harbour, the tables were set up nice, the staff were excellent attentive and accommodating and the food was excellent, my husband had a strawberry dessert and nearly died when he saw the size of it, he went home one happy man. I cannot praise this restaurant enough and will definately be back next year.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I ordered prawn cocktail and got a tall glass of green stuff,with a little mayo and 5 medium prawns sat on top, no tomato, cuc though I think there were a couple of bits of pineapple in the mayo, very short change for nearly 14euros. My husband fared a bit better with his ribs (dish of day) but tasted and looked like half pack of Aldi ribs but at least it didn't cost as much only nearly 10euros. The area is lovely though, right on the harbour.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Lovely food with a different twist. I had the chicken with fruit served on a bed of rice and it was gorgeous. Now who would have thought that a strawberry on top of the dish would work? But it did together with the pineapple and banana. Stunning! The sangria was also the best we had in our ten days.
Service was excellent too. My only small moan was that when I paid the bill with my credit card it had been done in pounds sterling and not euros. Their exchange rate being .89e to the pound as opposed to our 1.25e to the pound. It would have been nice to have been asked what I preferred.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Fantastic food. Excellent service with very attentive staff who spoke excellent English. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The seafood paella at 24 euros for two people was good, tasty and filling. The lady running it was friendly and the place always seemed popular.