“Lovely”

Cuisines: International, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Didn't get off to a great start as the first time we visited this restaurant it was about half 8 on a Friday night. The menu was on a stand at the front of the place so my partner and I sat down to have something to eat. We sat for about 5 minutes before we saw the waitress who noticed us and instead of acknowledging us she just sat down inside folding napkins. We gave it another few minutes but she didn't come over. My partner went over to ask for some menus to which she replied the kitchen was closed just that minute, apparently. This wouldn't have been a problem if she had told us this as we sat down but instead she chose to ignore us! This didn't put us off however as we ate there twice afterwards (both with different staff, I might add) once for lunch and once for dinner. Lunch was good, we had toasties and loaded fries and the food was all fresh and good value for money. For the evening meal my partner had the BBQ chicken which he seemed to enjoy and I had half a roast chicken which was tasty and quite cheap at 9 euros. My plate was big and I got a lot for my money. My partners chicken cost around 13 euros and he got less food than me but he did point out most places round there did 1/2 chickens for around 5 euros. Our waitress was warm and friendly and it cost us around 35 euros for the evening meal, not too bad. It was probably our nicest meal in Mogan, the restaurant is small but comfy. It seemed to be the only restaurant around offering this type of food...and what with us being english it suited our tastes nicely. Despite the initial bad first impression, I would go back if I were ever in Mogan.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

If you want a good meal, nice atmosphere, nice staff and a perfect view - this is the place. Try it, you will not regret.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Didn't eat here but great for English football.met some fellow Chelsea fans which was a bonus...good value.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Great service great prices great food what more can you say other than great wide menu caters for all fabulous view of harbour will use again

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday afternoon after hunting for somewhere showing the man utd vs Liverpool game.
We found the maritime opposite the beach front. We looked for a Table but none near the tv showing this match were available, the waitress found us a table and changed the f1 to football.

We ordered and there was a good range of food, the good was more expensive than some we had been to during the holiday but being on the beach front was not overly surprised.

The drinks arrived quickly and food soon after. The children had a meal from the children's section, spaghetti bolGnaise, fish fingers with rice and burger and chips.
The children ate all their food and enjoyed it.
I had a chicken kebab which was beautifully presented and tasted amazing.
My husband had some nachos which he enjoyed.

We spent the whole duration of the match here and we were regularly asked if we needed anything and was not rushed out despite finishing our meals early on.

The cafe was busy and the waitress that served us was friendly and helpful, the other lady was a little blunt when paying the bill and wasn't overly polite saying thank you or please.

Overall a great meal