“Gourmet restaurant.”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Every year we have an evening at this nice restaurant with good friends.
The meal is superp and the service is first class.
We can recommend this place.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

When on holiday we don't normally go to same place twice to eat,( unless it's one of the rare 'all-inclusive' holidays), this restaurant changed the 'norm'. The food was excellent, the staff were first class, the second visit didn't disappoint - nuff said.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We've just returned from our second visit in as many years to this hotel located restaurant. The emphasis is on local sourced ingredients, freshly prepared to order and we were not disappointed.
Complimentary hot rolls with best quality oil and salt appeared with a glass of cava and a vegetable shot whilst we were waiting for our starter. This consisted of big scallops attractively garnished, the vegetables cooked to perfection. The roast lamb culotte main course was the most succulent I've had for a long time and the fresh fruit based puddings were also excellent. The waiter suggested a dry white wine from Fuerteventura which was just right. There is plenty of room between the tables, the service discreet yet attentive in attractive surroundings. Booking at least the day before is recommended (closed on sundays and mondays).
We'll go there next time!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

As guests at the wonderful Cordial Mogan Playa, we have been looking forward to eat at Los Guayres for several days. This is a fine dining restaurant and we dressed up and were excited. We got a table at the nice terrace, then recieved complementary cava, warm bread with oil, flake salt and olives, and a small shot of savory rasberry soup. All very tasty - a great start. The waiters were very friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was cozy and elegant without getting too formal.

For starters I ordered pumpkin soup with scallops and my boyfriend ordered sherry marinated tuna carpaccio with dates. The dishes were nicely presented, and well crafted in terms of fresh ingredients with good textures. The scallops were tasty, the tuna had a good texture and the dates and sherry marinade was a nice touch. The soup lacked some taste, it was too subtly seasoned. I had three small flakes of salt left from my bread serving, which i put in my soup and stirred, and the flavours all came through much better. I am very careful with salt when I cook, and usually think people use way too much salt, so I think I can rightfully tell that this was very undersalted. My boyfriend also added his leftover salt flakes and told me that his dish also improved.

For mains my boyfriend had duck with orange sauce, and I had grilled cherne (a canarian white fish) with coriander sauce. My fish was unfortunately dry, which was very dissapointing. When I chewed, the fish stuck to my teeth and was difficult to swallow. (The fish I got at the buffet of Cordial Mogan Playa was a lot moister, flaking the way fish is supposed to.) Again the flavours were... underexaggerated. My sauce didn't taste coriander. It didn't taste much at all. But the duck was better than the fish, tender with nice texture with a sweet orange sauce, allthough it lacked some acidity and (again) salt. Overall my boyfriend got better dishes than I did, but he also thought they were a bit uninteresting and bland.

The dishes we had were quite filling, so since the food was a bit disappointing thus far, we dropped desserts, paid, and left, only one hour after arriving. We paid a total of 70 euros (we only had mineral water, no wine), which didn't feel like acceptable value. At the harbour of Puerto de Mogan we have had much better meals for less money, allthough not it an equally elegant environement. But the food is always most important. It is sad that a lack of seasoning, and a fish left too long at the grill should give us this impression of Los Guayres.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fine, ok, nice. Nothing really stood out. We had the tuna carpaccio, which was nice, and the goats cheese, which was ok, to start. For mains we had the suckling pork which was nice and the flambeed filet which was rare rather than medium as requested (as another recent reviewer also pointed out). We had 1 dessert, chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, which again was nice. With 2 glasses of wine it all came to just under €100 which we both agreed was a lot for an only nice / ok / average meal. Our opinion was that the overall standard was typical decent hotel fare, nothing special which we had hoped it would be.