Caravaggio Italian Restaurant & Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Romantic Italian Restaurant in the heart of Puerto de Mogán, fresh home made pasta, pizza, original Italian main course, home made desserts and ... find it out.
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Well, this restaurant is difficult to review. The food really is very good, no it's excellent. The restaurant has character. Couple of nice touches with free drink and amuse bouche too. But the service is really odd! We had to go inside and ask if we could sit at a table as we were bordering on being ignored (believe me this is not normally an issue in the restaurants here!). The service of the food was well paced though. Once we'd finished our mains, out plates were taken away and we were... just left there... our glasses were empty... more
minutes drifted by... we would have considered a sweet and a coffee (I presume they offer this, no menu or asking was forthcoming)... The minutes ticked by, still no sign of anyone... When the waiter appeared he cleared another table so when he passed us by with the plates we asked for the bill and promptly left. Really odd experience! We would loved to have returned but the service prevented us from doing so.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Don't be put off with this restaurant being out of the way down an alley. It is very pretty and the food amazing. You will also get a free cava and limon cello on the house.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice and it was fabulous bith times.

The tomato bruschetta was perfectly seasoned and we both loved the pancetta, honey and walnut one.

As for the comments about the food being lukewarm, this is a fairly typical temperature treat Italian food in Italy. A mention also for the risk Nero which is grown in the banks if the River Po in north Italy.

The owner is from a Milanese suburb called Arese and we laughed about it as I have family members from neighbouring Garbagnate! No aloofness there for us.

Each to their own but I felt this was top notch Italian cooking and we will return!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visited this restaurant tonight after liking the look of the place during a walk through Mogan yesterday. The Tripadvisor reviews were so-so but it looked authentic Italian so my partner and I had been looking forward to it and were in a good frame of mind as its the last night of our trip.
The alarm bells started ringing when my girlfriend politely enquired whether the pasta dishes could be served as a starter size and was told 'pasta is a main course' quite rudely. So that was fine, we overlooked that and each ordered bruschetta as a starter and then prawn risotto and diavolo pizza respectively as mains.
The bruschetta came as two slices of tomato topped bread and a further two slices topped with bacon, walnuts and honey - the second of these being to neither of our tastes and I found it a little strange to have a bacon dish listed on the menu without making it clear that it would contain meat. We're not veggies, we just found it a very odd combination of tastes but if you are veggie or vegan be aware. Anyway, we both left a little food on our plates and I'm not sure if the waiter took this as a personal slight but his mood at this point moved from the aloof and precious to the downright rude and arrogant.
Our drinks were not topped up at any point, there was absolutely nothing friendly or human about the service whatsoever. The mains came and actually although the pizza was below average and the (3 prawn!) risotto was overcooked in poor fish stock my main complaint was the complete ignorance of the man serving us. He took away our plates and although the place was 1/3 full (Saturday night) he did not ask if we wanted more drinks, he didn't offer dessert, coffee, anything!
Eventually after 25 mins  at about 8.30pm he just took our empty glasses away which is frankly paramount to just asking us to get out of the building. I'm actually shocked and disgusted if he's brazenly making a living from this business when this week in Gran Canaria I've watched so many people work so very hard to make theirs. Shame on you, and whatever your problem is, you're welcome to it.
I urge you to read the other negative reviews for this restaurant (and the very telling management responses) and make your own mind up. And if you're reading this Mr Waiter/owner, please let me know what I did to offend you! Bad food and even uncleanliness I can forgive! I'll even try my best to banish the terrible free-form jazz 'schoobidy-bee-bop' vocals playing on your stereo from my mind; but to blatantly be rude to me as a customer for absolutely no reason, I will not forgive that. So you can have this bad review and live with it forever, I hope it haunts you. You truly deserve it.
P.S. yes that was a 10 cent tip and yes I did rip your business card in half - you're very welcome and your tacky little restaurant is a joke.

1  Thank Chilldoubt
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Literally just got back to our hotel from having our second meal in caravaggio and felt compelled to write a review after reading some ridiculous comments other people have left on here. The 1 out of 5 review sounds suspiciously like the la Cucina owner to me...

This is hands down the best Italian restaurant in Puerto de Mogan and we feel the best restaurant altogether. What a delightful little place, the atmosphere is wonderful. Very chilled out with mood lighting and soothing jazz music playing in the background and the food is to die for. We went to most of the top restaurants listed on tripadvisor and they're all pretty good but this stood out head and shoulders above the rest. So good we went back for a second time, (which is tonight) our second wedding anniversary! Beautiful food, wonderfully atmosphere and great service oh and it was the cheapest meal we had out of all the restaurants we ate at. 56 euros for a starter, 2 mains, 2 deserts, half litre of white wine, a pint of lager and a bottle of mineral water-bargain! If your staying in Puerto de mogan make sure you try this place. The only thing which could improve it is if they had a chocolate desert like hot fudge cake (but I am a chocoholic so maybe i'm biased!) Matthew and Michelle Ball.