My family & I stayed here for 1 week and we all had a lovely relaxing holiday.
The Hotel is strangely built off the hillside, and it took us 3 elevators to reach our 9th floor room, as they are staggered towards the mountain side.
As reception booked us in, we were offered a glass of champagne or orange juice, which is a nice touch for the weary traveller. Throughout our stay, the staff were consistenly helpful and friendly.
The view from the room was really rewarding, as your had a real sense of feedom from the high vantage point, and you could look down towards the sea on your left, or up to the mountains on your right.
We were in a 2 x bedroom apartment which was very good / clean. The bedrooms were a decent size. The living / dining area was quite compact, but adequate. Cooking facilities were basic but again adequate. We enjoyed the welcome bonus of 2 x bathrooms. A small downside was no air-conditioning, but in October this wasn't an issue. There were ceiling fans in each room, which at least gave a circulation of air, and opening doors / windows gave a through draft.
The balcony was undoubtedly the prize aspect of the apartment. it was the biggest & best we have ever had. 4 x sun loungers / 2 x metal tabels / 8 x metal chairs / 1 x shower (yes a shower! - great for a quick cool-off). Because of the size of the balcony area, there was plenty of scope over the day for getting the sun. Alternatively, if you'd had enough sun, there were awnings overhead with extra shades that you could roll down to suit. These could cover a good amount of the area. meaning you could comfortably be in the sun or in the shade.
The choice of 3 pools was nice and we just picked a favourite, based on personal preference. The hotel restaurant food was very good, but our preference would still be a good breakfast there, and eat out in the resort at night. The hotel has a very good supermarket directly across the road. It is around a 15 min flat walk to the beach / marina area, where most of the nightine activity can be found.
The resort is picturesque, clean & peaceful, with many overhanging gardens. It has managed to maintain traditional holiday standards, and attracts a good standard of visitor. The beach & harbour are beautiful & surrounded by plenty of bars & restaurants, some with live local musicians.
This was our 3rd time in Mogan, previously staying in privately owned apartments, but the Cordial Valle certainly added to our holiday enjoyment this time round.
We have already booked for next October, and Marcos (head of reception) has promised us the same room! (cheers Marcos) We would definitely recommend this Hotel, if Mogan is the kind of resort / holiday that people were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria