My new wife and I stayed at the Cordial Valle Apartments in Puerto Mogan for our honeymoon between 3rd and 17th January 2009.
We chose this particular place mainly on the basis of reports from other travellers on this website.
We checked in very quickly and found the reception and staff very helpful.
It can be a little confusing to find your way around at first but let's be honest, the apartments are built into the side of a mountain and we actually found the layout easy to navigate around after a couple of days (my wife is also 4 months pregnant and she didn't complain!!).
The room we were given on the 6th floor was excellent, very clean with a massive balcony, outdoor shower, sun loungers, table and 4 chairs. The view was also good, looking down towards the sea and Puerto Mogan itself.
I have read some reviews complaining about the mountain views but what would you expect from an island that is mainly volcanic rock!
We mainly sunbathed on the balcony but on the few occasions I used the pool, I was always able to obtain a lounger and the pool was clean and heated. Granted, the sun did not reach the pool until 11 am but again, you have to remember that we visited in January - I would imagine this will change in the summer months.
We also found the supermarkets well equipped and within easy access.
Puerto Mogan itself is a beautiful place if you are looking for a laid back holiday and every restaurant we visited served excellent food (I would recommend Cafe de Mogan).
We used the snack bar at the apartments for lunch and again, the food and staff were excellent. The gym and sauna/jacuzzi were also well looked after and I also used these during our stay.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cordial Valle Apartments and are planning to go back again next year (we will also have a little one, complete with buggy!) and cannot wait to return.
Paul & Gill,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria