We arrived on the 7th July and was warmly welcomed by the receptionist who offered us a complementary glass of our choice between champagne or orange juice.
We booked a one week stay, self-catered. The apartment was absolutely lovely, plenty of space for 2 people and well equipped - unfortunately there was no oven in the room, but I think if the rooms were to have one it would effect the local businesses hugely. Our apartment also had a massive balcony which included two sun loungers and a table with four chairs. The room was also situated in an excellent spot (Room 626). We were on the forth floor, overlooking the swimming pools and chill out(bar salon) bar. The bar salon offered a variety of foods you could eat from foods such as omelettes to a banana split, the bar salon (chill out bar) also had the World Cup on show for everyone to be able to watch it if they wanted to. The complex also had a pool bar where you had the option of a waffle with some ice-cream and sauce up to 5pm each day. The rooms were also very clean; the maid came to clean, empty bins and replace towels 5 days a week.
Across the road from the complex was a super market with a wide variety of foods and a shopping centre, plus a couple of café/bars and an Indian restaurant which we had the pleasure of going to.
Straight down the strip (about a 10-20minute walk) was some more café and shops but also the beautiful sandy beach, with more restaurants overlooking. Some of these included a Chinese buffet for only $8.88 , an American diner, a Spanish restaurant where we had a yummy seafood paella and many more to choose from, all at reasonable prices. For the two of us, we spent between $30-$50 for eating out each time we did eat out.
Around the corner from the beach was a harbour, where you could pick up information on boat trips etc. we decided to go on the yellow submarine as it left from the dock and was a 45 minute trip, whereas for some of the dolphin boat trips you would have to travel either by car or taxi to the area in which it was leaving. On Fridays, the harbour is surrounded by market stalls where you could pick up little gifts for friends or family, or to even treat yourself.
Overall, I had a brilliant holiday and would definitely come back again, only next time for longer!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria