We stayed in a one bedroom apartment as a couple for one week at the end of September.
We were very impressed by the apartments and the hotel. It was up to a very good standard.
We were given a ground floor terrace apartment which we knew would be smaller than the spacious balconies and not get as much sun. We requested a balcony room upon arrival but the only one available was above the pool area with families / children activities during the day. Once we got to the room we decided to keep it because you could literally walk right out to the pool (always sun if our terrace was in the shade) and it was quite private hidden behind bushes.
Excellent value. Booked via low cost holidays worked out £55 per night (£700 all in, including flights from Stanstead and transfers).
Positives - good size apartment, nice salt water pool, spa facilities were small but nice (don't bother getting a manicure there they didn't do a great job but massage was superb), good sized kitchen, excellent service from the staff with local recommendations and directions etc. Supermarket right across street. Puerto de Mogan is a good town to stay in.
Negatives - it was too hot not to have air conditioning, plus fan in bedroom very noisey and clicked so kept waking us up (should have complained), no oven (only stove & microwave), the shower itself needs to be replaced and done up it sprayed everywhere and there was some tiles also needing replacing, few children arrived on weekend and a bit loud at pool area (not English), beach tad far to walk (15 minutes). - Other guests commented they didn't like the long walk to the apartment but we didn't mind - took the stairs as quicker than lifts and never more than two sets at a time.
Not the place if you are looking for nightlife!
If I'm looking for another cheap break I would definitely go back to this hotel. Fantastic stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria