We are not regular users of self-catering apartments but hotel accommodation in Puerto de Mogan is in short supply and extremely expensive over the Christmas period. This property is further from the port and beach than any other. Although other reviewers seem to make the trip in 10 to 15 minutes I found that it was necessary to allow at least 20 minutes.
If you are using a hire car there is no car park as such but plenty of space outside the complex.
Our apartment was described as for 2/4 persons and the sofa converted to a double bed to sleep an extra couple. As there were only two of us we had plenty of space and we were comfortable but an additional pair would have been quite intolerable.The building is an interesting maze of a very large number of apartments but we found very little noise from other guests.
The room does not have air conditioning.This did not cause us any problems but may cause discomfort at hotter times of the year. There is no form of heating and again this was not an inconvenience but it does get very cool in the evening and may be a problem at other times of the year.
The management provide a range of entertainments during the day and evening and pay particular attention children's activities. We did not try any of these offerings.
The apartment block is part of the Hotel Cordial Morgan Playa (how they can describe themselves as a beach hotel is a mystery) and the hotel has a very fine restaurant, the Los Guayres, which was a particular favourite although so under-used that it lacked any atmosphere.
There are a large number of restaurants in Puerto de Mogan which is fortunately free from burger chains and fast food outlets. In the area of the beach and harbour you can choose Indian, Chinese, Italian or try more traditional Spanish cuisine. The prices are about the same as you would pay in the UK with some more expensive places. If you are after economy try the Irish Bar which is slightly cheaper and serves enormous meals. They claim (wrongly) to be the only place that serves vegetables with the dishes. For a more memorable meal go the Restaurante Que Tal. It is very expensive and the food is cooked on a counter in full view by a chef in a dinner jacket.. This was one of the highlights of our visit.
After dinner there is little to do. Puerto de Mogan closes down at 11:00 pm. Bars with music have to stop the entertainment at that time although the hotels and apartments can carry on later.
We did not use any of the facilities that were on offer at the complex and probably overpaid for just the accommodation. It was however clean and well-maintained. We would recommend it for people who really do plan to cook their own food and attend the organised parties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria