Myself, my wife and our 2 kids (5 &3) stayed in a double room for 12 nights in the beginning of July and we couldn't have asked for a better spot.
Check-in was friendly and efficient. It included the glass of bubbly or orange juice and the map to the room! Finding rooms can be a little confusing at first and I met a few lost souls. But if you have a look around you quickly get used to the layout and even find a few short-cuts.
The double room was excellent. It was clean and comfortable. The kids room had two single beds and we had a large double. There were two bathrooms ours was en-suite with two sinks and a large corner bath. The kitchen is well equipped. Turn the fridge up when you get there. Ours was initially set at 2 which is much too low for the climate. Kept ours up a 6 for nicely chilled food and drinks.
Cleaning was also friendly and efficient but don't forget these are self catering apartments so some sweeping and cleaning is recommended to keep the place nice.
We hired air-conditioning for 100 for the 12 nights. A great spend. It will only cool a small area at a time and the place heats up once turned off but it was great for the bedrooms to help the kids get to sleep or for chilling out in the sitting area on a hot afternoon.
Although there are 3 pools, we only used the one with the kids pool which was great, the kids loved it. There's entertainment each evening in the bar but we were usually back from dinner too late for this. It's on quite early as the place shuts down at about 11pm.
It is a nice easy stroll to the beach and harbour where we ate nearly every night. If you eat too much and fancy a taxi back it only cost us 4 euro.
We got hooked on one place called Bar Marina (Dennehy's) and I hope to review this and a couple of other places and activities we tried while in Gran Canaria so please check my profile for further reviews.
The Hiper Dino supermarket across from the apartments is very handy and should have all you need. Get there early if you want the fresh breads! The Spar towards town is great too but you can't beat the convenience of Hiper Dino.
To address the issue of ants and cockroaches, this is a hot island so they cannot be avoided completely. The locals all agree it is perfectly normal. A few ants came into the kids room on the first morning so we just bought an insect spray and treated the room. The odd one appeared after a couple of days so I just resprayed every 2 to 3 days to deter them. We had one large cockroach one morning as I had left the bathroom window open - just caught it in a glass and put it outside. You should see plenty when walking around town at night but again this is perfectly normal - they try to keep out of your way!
For nicer wildlife - the butterflies and birds in the gardens are plentiful and at night if you look to the sky you can see owls soaring. I don't know what breed they are but I spotted them nearly every night.
Please contact me if you would like further info on the apartments of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria