We stayed here for 11 nights from 21st April and had a fantastic time.
Our room (B810) was huge with an even bigger balcony & a view over the smaller pool. Very well equipped but ladies bring your own hairdryer as the one in the bathroom is useless. TV only has BBC World News and CNN as English channels and you have to ask for the remote control at reception on arrival. We hired the safe which is 14 euros for week or 2.50 a day. Maids were friendly and room was cleaned 5 or 6 times per week with towels changed 3 times and linen twice. Thy even put our washing up in to soak! There is no air conditioning although I believe you can hire a unit. The ceiling fans were mostly adequate in April/May but noisy at night and would have preferred aircon. Would recommend a higher room as these seem to have larger balconies, personally would not want to stay ground level with a very small terrace or just above with a small balcony.
The lift system was only complicated on our first day then easily found our way around mostly using the stairs.
Reception were very good, sparkling wine on arrival and always helpful with any queries we had. They also organised us to swap our dinner for lunch on a couple of days as we were on half board but wanted to eat elsewhere in the evening.
The buffet restaurant is great quality particularly breakfast with a wide choice of fruit, bread, cheeses, meats and cakes together with a range of cooked items. We loved the omelettes and fried eggs cooked fresh in front of you and the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup! The orange juice was actually not watered down and the coffee not like mud (if you want coffee without sugar get a long coffee and add your own milk as the white coffee is already sweetened). Dinner also had lots of choices with salads and soup as starters, fish and meat grilled in front of you, pasta and pizza, vegetables, hot food and a good selection of desserts including cheeses. You just order your drinks and pay for them at the end of your stay. Tiny bit overpriced - 2.10 for water, 2.50 for bottled beer and 9.75 for OK bottle of house wine, wine by the glass 6 euros and about 20 for a decent bottle. You can leave the wine with them though and drink over 2 nights if preferred. The restaurant staff were excellent, always professional and smiling.
There are 3 pools here and we used the smaller one on level G/H which seemed a bit quieter, never any problem with sunbeds or shade. There is the infinity one but was a bit too open for us and the larger one was quite crowded with families during our stay.
Did not use the spa as begrudged the 5 euro fee just to go in to use the jacuzzi, sauna or gym. The list of treatments we saw seemed quite expensive.
There was no real entertainment on offer apart from a minidisco for the kids which was always busy. We did play pool (1 euro per game) and there was table tennis and tennis available at a cost. The bar did not seem to be used by many guests in the evenings as all drinks were overpriced and the staff were quite miserable. However the snack bar during the day was reasonably priced with large portions and very friendly staff.
We usually went to the sportsbar opposite for a large beer at 3 euros and a few games of pool or walked down to the harbour area to Bar Marina, a friendly Irish bar/restaurant where you could get Guinness or Kilkenny for 4 euros. We sat and watched the Royal Wedding there and it was a lovely atmosphere.
Would recommend getting the ferry across to Puerto Rico, about half hour each way for 10 euros return. Did not think much of PR itself, too many timeshare touts and commercial centres, but OK for a few hours.
We did the Sioux City trip with our rep Thomas Cook but very overpriced at 54 euros, would not recommend. Nearly 2 hour journey in a very hot coach round those windy roads did not bode well to eat a BBQ and all inclusive drinks! The venue itself was OK with good entertainment but not really worth it.
Puerto de Mogan is a very pretty quiet relaxing place with lots of good restaurants and a variety of shops. La Bruschetta on the seafront is in our opinion the best restaurant, we had our wedding anniversary meal there and was perfect from start to finish, fantastic food and service. Some of the restaurants in the harbour area are quite expensive but all looked good quality.
The Hyperdino supermarket opposite the hotel had great selection of products so used that for water, wine, beer, soft drinks, fruit, icecream etc which we stored in the apartment.
We only saw 3 cockroaches during our stay on the walkway from the harbour to the hotel. Never anything in the room or hotel itself, everywhere was very clean and well kept.
Would have no hesitation in highly recommending this hotel and resort and will be going back again year after year!
ONE FINAL WORD OF WARNING ABOUT LAS PALMAS AIRPORT ON JOURNEY HOME! WE WERE CHARGED 32 EUROS FOR 4 KILOS OF EXCESS BAGGAGE, THEY ARE VERY STRICT AND WE COULD NOT GET OUT OF PAYING (however did overhear others on plane who did not pay so maybe we were very unlucky).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria