“oasistigaki”

Oasis Studios & Apartments
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Tigaki
Reviewed August 3, 2012

we just got back from this hotel july 2012 rooms are basic two single pine beds u can put them together if you prefer pine dressig table and mirror small kitchenette you couldnt realistically make any kind of meal we took our own kettle and iron as they are not provided also fans are rentable ten euro not bad) rooms cleaned daily and sheets towels too got bit by mossies as there is a lake near by so buy somthing to take the fairer the skin the more youll get bitten the staff are very nice mainly english at this hotel we went with olympia the greeg people are very nice only thing that made us sad was all the strays mainly cats we fed a lot of them mothers and kittens . theres a lovely pool on site everythig always clean would stay here again eating out one of the best places to eat is the onerio they own the shop as well very nice food at reasonable prices and you always get a nice glass on the house of ouzo with lemonade at the end of meal its not over cheap to go here but its not as expensive as kos itself to eat and drink etc i would reccomend this hotel and town asits quiet towards kos itself

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynz94

Reviewed August 1, 2012

As others have pointed out, this isn't a top establishment. Having said that, if you want basic accommodation and a quiet location,this'll do .
It's a bit of a walk to the apartments but that means it's nice and quiet at night time. The staff are a bit of a mix too. Sometimes friendly and at others, positively aggressive.
All in all, it's a bit expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TheCursedVagrant
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed for a week at the Tigaki Oasis. We found the rooms basic, but thats what we expected with the amount we paid for the holiday. The only issue which we mainly had was the cleaner; the whole time we stayed their we never once had our bed sheets cleaned and only got given clean towels once. They only provide you with one toilet roll, which after that you have to buy your own. Toilet roll was not aloud to be flushed down the toilet, but in the bin provided (which wasn't emptied daily)
Overall, we had an amazing holiday. We went to the beach daily, which was only a 10 minute walk. Lovely cafes and bars were only in the town, which was a 5 minute walk away. If you're looking for somewhere more lively, visit Kos Town which is a lovely town full of Greek ruins- only 2 euros each on the bus too!
The beach nearby was beautiful, crystal clear water and comfy sunbeds for 3 euro each. Weather the whole time was hot! We went during the heatwave and we burnt, even with factor 50, we burnt like a crisp!
Overall, our time in Kos was superb. Wish we went for another week, but nothings stopping us coming back again next year, not to the same hotel but to another one nearby.

Room Tip: Room 12 had a view of fields, mountains, salt lake, sea & beach and many cows!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea B
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel back in 2008 and I must stay when we arrived in the middle of the night I was terrified. However, in the day light it is not actually that bad. It is, after all, a 2 star hotel. Everything was very basic however, everything we needed was there - a bed to sleep in after a whole day on the beach or sightseeing, a small kitchenette to prepare our breakfast and a bathroom. Despite is all being basic it was clean and well maintained. We didn't really use the pool but it was good size and very clean too. The staff was very friendly and helpful, too.
The hotel is very close to a very very beautiful beach plus it is a short bus ride away from the Kos town.
If you are not into the luxurious type of holidays and just want a place to sleep and have a shower then definitely worth choosing this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dorocica
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Okay so firstly I have stayed in all kinds of accommodation and this wasn't the best BUT please read on because Tingaki or Tigaki is a truly beautiful place and this hotel is slap bang in the very best part of it (also the owner and his right hand man were so funny and so kind that they really made my stay enjoyable). These apartments are very, very basic but the massive BONUS is the location. The last in a group of hotels situated around Tingaki the Oasis is the closest to the beach (via a shortcut of about 8 minutes) the closest to the Naturist Beach (5 minutes) and the closest to the saltwater lake/marsh complete with amazing Flamingos, waterbirds and strange beautiful insects (3 minutes away) You can even see the natural lake from the path to the hotel. Along the route from the main road in Tingaki returning to Oasis are restaurants (a great one with a sports bar effect with a giant chess set and outdoor activities for the kids) A livelier bar (playing music) and eatery that opens late with a lounge pool and then a few minutes away from Oasis and back toward the beach is Aliikes Restaurant (the best in Tingaki*) Oh my gosh and the sunset vista from Oasis is beautiful, absolutely stunning. From all around Oasis you can see the incredible hills and mountains SO - whats a few bugs here and there and so what if the decor is old circa 1970 and who really cares if the breakfast isn't that great - Oasis has THE best location in Tingaki.
I stayed here with my 15 year old son in September for a week, 2011 and I am returning in June/July for a romantic break because this place oozes romance and relaxation, hand holding and sunset kissing nights.
I returned back from the saltwater lake with my 15 year old son covered in black mud where I had fallen deep into an area I was told NOT to go in....the guys who run Oasis hosed me down on the grass laughing and warning me not to use their towels. It was hilarious, they are very cool. They tuned the TV into an English channel so I could watch the football one night and they (see photos) challenged us to fusball tournaments at night too offering us fruit and sweets. You can't fault the staff. The BBQ night was fun and cheap. The breakfasts weren't great, again very basic but everything you need is on the plate for pennies. The pool is fine, clean and a fair size with lots of loungers and parasols. The bar is next to the pool too.
Our room was ground level twin and situated right next to the pool in the older building. There is a newer complex on site but I would be happy to stay in my old room again. The beds were comfortable and I had my sheets changed every other day which, for the cost of the hotel is very reasonable! I wish people on here would take into account the cheapness of Oasis and relate it to the service. For less than a fiver a night you cannot expect high quality bedding, daily maid service or a hotel that is brand new. The Oasis offers you a place to sleep after a day exploring wonderful Tingaki and Greece.
My son and I had lots of fun spotting Ghekkos and tiny green cute frogs around the pool at night - there are goats and chickens nearby too (fenced in but you can feed them)
Bus routes to Kos a few paces from the hotel. Lots of nightlife for all tastes in Tingaki and during the day there are quads and bicycles to hire to mooch around the place along the sea front, two large and very clean beaches with sunbeds a-plenty, fishing and watersports on offer, places to explore like the ruins near the salt lake/marsh and the fishes, rock pools and long stretches of quiet road, bars and eateries, hire cars and scooters and terrific, amazing, beautiful views...
Alikes Restaurant tucked away near the end of the sunbed beach or down the path past the salt marsh from Oasis, about 5-10 minutes walk from Oasis. This place does the very best food, especially the Giros AND it is located beach front with absolutely magnificent views of the sea and sunset. Eat outside under the olive tree entwined around the veranda. Its very sexy. The staff are lovely and hand out free drinks. Excellent.
Don't be put off by bad reviews of the Oasis. Its a cheap, friendly and basic place to leave your bags whilst you explore Greece.
I recommend a trip to Nisyros Volcano by coach with a visit to the war torn village on the mountain included. Fishing trip to the private island of Kefalos by charming boat then a fish BBQ and a swim in the clear water. Trip to Kos town both night and day. Trip to the Monastery on Santorini Island - absolutely breathtaking and leaves you with a feeling of pure awe, visit the village and Monastery. Kalymnos Island, woohoo, amazing. Bubble Beach/Paradise Beach for a massive array of water sports and loads of activities for everybody (huge inflatable waterpark in the sea) There are bubbles in the sea rising from the earths core - hence the name. A bar, food and great loungers on soft sand - by coach. Stay in the Oasis and ignore the reviews that are too closed minded to realise the potential of the best located hotel in Tigaki.

Room Tip: If you don't like the odd bug then choose an upper level room. If you are concerned with decor t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank TheBaboo
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed in lot's of 2* appts so know only to expect the basics... but this is the worse Iv'e stayed in by far....Dark Dingy and Depressing... I thought I had been transported back to the Victorian Era what with the dark green and wood panelling on the walls.Rock hard mattress and very lumpy pillows, Sheets changed once in my 2 week stay , went to the beach every day to catch up on much needed sleep,would have stayed around the lovely pool on the sun beds had they had covers on the plastic frames...
I asked to be moved to a higher level mid week on "change over day" as I was a solo female traveller and felt uneasy about sleeping with the patio doors open on the ground floor, but was told bluntly "NO" as all rooms were taken by return visitors,only to find out later 2 women were moved later on in the week up to a higher floor due to the mozzies....

Room Tip: Ask for one of the re-furbished rooms when you book..
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank suzan4
Reviewed September 28, 2011

After visiting alone in June I returned to Tigaki with my husband, this time to the Oasis Studios and Apartments.
We were very apprehensive about this having read some very negative posts on here so were very pleased to find them to be not at all accurate.
We found our room to be basic but clean and comfortable with a balcony that allowed us to watch the sunrise and was a good size for sitting out for meals and reading in the evening. As we were told there was no kettle we took our own travel kettle and, yes, the equipment is basic and mismatched but so what? It is ** so we didn't expect a 24 place dinner service with a top notch set of pans and cooking equipment. We managed to cater more than adequately for our needs and only ate out 4 times, once on a trip to Zia and the others at Alykes Restaurant that I found in June.
The pool was beautiful and at first we were a bit miffed that it was locked until 9.00 am but if this was to allow for the chemicals to do their work then it is understandable. The trees and shrubs around the pool and in the grounds generally were beautiful and well looked after.
If you plan to cater for yourself and you have transport go to Zipari where there is an excellent range of supermarkets and fruit and veg shops. Also you will pass a wonderful bakery on the way.
We hired bikes for the two weeks on the first morning so we were able to explore to find beaches that were quiet and would happily recommend Nicos for a good deal and reliable bikes.
The staff at the Hotel have limited English but that didn't present us with a problem and we would be happy to go again if the occasion arose.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple