Marianna Hotel
Sunset Hotel(Tigaki)
Ilios Hotel(Tigaki)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscocktail barpool areatop floornext yearself cateringair contop endkos townthese apartmentsfamily rungood sizecleaned every dayfree shotsyear after yearhome from homeloo rollrooms are basic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2013

What can i say, second year we have been to Kos and stayed at the Marianna Hotel, we love the place, Just returned from 2 weeks at the Marianna Hotel just over a week ago, it was our 2nd time this year, a week in June and 2 in August, if someone asked me what i liked most about the Hotel then i would be stumped due to the fact that it is everything you need for a Holiday, the rooms have everything you need , ok some people have pointed out the rooms don't have a toaster ! i for one can live with that...... we just went down to the pool bar and the lovely Stella made us a belly busting full English that set me & hubby up for the day, the Lovely Maria will do her up most to make sure your stay at the Marianna is a very pleasant stay and it has been, Thank you Maria.
Now for my views on the cocktail bar at Marianna, 99% of our evenings were spent in the cocktail bar, once we had been for a meal, Vasili makes the best cocktails and is always up for a laugh and a chat as is Maria when she is not busy on reception , i had never been a cocktail drinker until I tried Vasilis cocktails and they are the best........ Strawberry Daiquiri Mmmmmm, i didn't know what a Mojito cocktail taste like (I DO NOW) and I tried many more all of which were amazing.
We Love Kos Island Tigaki and the Marianna Hotel cannot get enough of the place, so if you’re thinking of visiting Kos you will not be disappointed with the Marianna Hotel.
Would like to say a huge thank you to Maria Vasili Stella and all the Family for yet another fantastic holiday.
See you all again Next year.

Room Tip: Top Floor the sunset is lovely.
2  Thank Nicola P
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here in June this year for a week. This was our second trip to Kos and previously stayed at Kalloudis (formerly known as Irene 2).

The rooms were clean and well equipped for a 3* hotel, the pool was lovely and had sun for most of the day. There is a pool bar with reasonable prices for food and drinks (all quite nice). The lobby bar is beautiful and the location is fantastic.

The biggest surprise at this hotel was that there was free wifi which worked not only in the lobby but at the pool too.

The staff were friendly, and on our last day they let us keep the room until we left. Not unusual in its self... Except that we weren't leaving until midnight (12 hours after check out should have been), and they didn't charge us a penny for the pleasure!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and may go back myself. Especially for the free late check out and really good wifi that worked around the pool. (Which happened to be a life saver financially because I had a work related emergency whilst I was there and the roaming fees on my ipad would have killed me!)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndyNewsome
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Second year running - still excellent value for money, great quiet location and basically everything you need for a laid back relaxing holiday.
The whole place is kept spotlessly clean by a great team of cleaners, poolside snack bar produces great breakfasts and the stylish cocktail bar is a nice place to relax with a drink.
Best accommodation in Tigaki.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room - better views over to the sea
1  Thank DaisySalt
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Following a late booking, which in the past have sometimes proved disappointing, we were very pleasantly surprised to be welcomed to these family owned apartments, which provided most of our requirements. Although we asked to be moved from the front, which overlooks the road, due to some noise, although not OTT. We moved further along the side of the pool to a top floor Studio which was excellent in size with a pleasant balcony receiving the late evening sun. The apartments were very clean and well maintained. We would like to have seen a few more utensils, perhaps a proper breadknife, a toaster and some cereal bowls, but generally no complaints whatsoever. The pool was quiet and plenty of sunbeds were available,no need to reserve any with towels. Nice friendly bar serving the usual drinks including some lovely cocktails.
Tingaki is pretty much one street running down from the main road from the Airport, which is around 20 - 30 mins away. There are plenty of Tavernas to chose from Spyros and Nikiotis were very good, while those at the end next to the beach were probably the best for fish which was surprisingly in short supply. Also a number of bars open to the early hours. The beach is about about 500 metres from the apartments and is very sandy and clean. Lots of sunbeds 6 euros for two and including an umbrella.
Traveling around is easy a bus goes to Kos Town every hour and it is a very busy place. We hired a car for a couple of days which was plenty to travel around the whole of the Island and see the various beaches and sights. A very pleasant holiday. Finally. we would return to the resort and yes we would stay at Marianna Studios again.

Room Tip: From a personal point of view would not like to be at the front, also top floor is best for views, its only one flight of stairs as the ground floor is below basement level.
2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had yet another enjoyable holiday in Tingaki staying at the lovely Marianna apartments.
The hospitality, cleanliness and food of the family run business is second to none.
Usually I would say that the pool area is a refreshing welcome after a day out or to relax by and chill out on lazy days! However during this stay (and you're welcome to call me a grumpy old fool!) there was a group of people (some from nearby apartments) that dominated the pool and were very noisy about it for most of the time, because of the close proximity of the sunbeds guests were regularly caught in the firing line of water. In the past families have had fun but made a minimum of noise and showed consideration to others. Most days I persevered determined to enjoy the sun, but occasionally retreated to my apartment for some peace which I could only get by sitting on my balcony with the door closed!
Marianna's bar is first class and the cocktails (I must have sampled all of them!) are mixed by a professional, I honestly have not found such perfect cocktails anywhere else-worth every penny.
We also enjoyed visiting the bakery nearby, fresh bread and Frappes were the order of the day.
The beach at the end of the road is Tranquil, I enjoyed watching the sea and people passing as I sat at a beach bar with an ice cold shandy-heaven!
The buses to beautiful Kos are plentiful, although very busy at certain times, so choose your journey wisely.
All in all this this grumpy old fool had a lovely holiday and will probably bring ear plugs with me next time to solve my issues!

2  Thank Lady M