“Excellen stay”
Review of Marianna Hotel

Marianna Hotel
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Tigaki
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here in August 2012 with my wife and two teenage children. The hotel was spotless and the room was cleaned everyday. The pool was always clean and never packed. Staff where all very nice and food and drink was on par with the rest of the resort. The only slight downside was the aircon was slightly noisey sometimes but very much required !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would tell anyone to stay here.
Ed

Room Tip: We had the top floor, good view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank blindside18
There are newer reviews for Marianna Hotel

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went on Holiday with my boyfriend to the Marianna studios in June 2012. We both absolutely enjoyed the stay and could not really fault the place. It had everything that we needed, and was in an ideal location (not too close to the main strip of bars/ restaurants, although it was a small walk down to the beach). There was also a large supermarket a short walk from the studios (walking away from the beach) which was brilliant to buy the essentials!.

The only fault which i could think of is that the safety deposits boxes were not in the room and were kept on reception. Although despite this, there was usually someone on reception who was happy to help. The staff were very friendly.

Would definitely consider staying in the Marianna Studios again, and have already recommended the studio to other family members thinking of traveling to Kos.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank CLGonthemove
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in Marianna studios for 4 nights in August this year. We booked this place based on its good reviews and very good price.
We arrived at the hotel very late (around 1.30 am). Maria was there to welcome us in. When we were shown to our room, although I was a bit worried based on the low price we paid, the room was big and most importantly spotless clean! It would have been nice to have a double bed and not a twin but this is a common thing in Greece. This is a basic accommodation, the kind that is very popular in Greece and is supposed to be value for money and very suitable for people like me who spend all the time outside and only use the hotel for sleeping and washing. I did not really use the bar or the pool so I cannot comment on those but what I could see was that the all common areas areas were also extremely clean!
Balcony was also nice and big. I can't fault this place at all and I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for basic but clean and looked after accommodation. One of my best ever value-for-money stays!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kos002
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was our first time visiting Kos. We chose the Marianna Studios, purely due to the massive amount of good reviews on tripadvisor and on travelrepublic, and we book for 15 days.

We had a fairly late flight, and by the time we cleared the airport and sorted out the holiday transfers we didn't arrive at the Marianna until 10.30pm.
Sorting out our transfers, was just chaotic! We had pre-booked, so went to the lady with the clipboard, I was pushed and shoved about by the most rude people, all jostling to be ticked off the lady's list. The lady was very good, she spotted me and told two people to wait until I had been ticked off her list.
We were told to stand to one side and wait for our coach for 5 minutes... about 20 minutes later we were still stood waiting, with many other people and our coach was ready for us.
The actual coach transfer was very short, on a very dark road.

Maria was waiting for us on arrival at the studios. We had requested a high floor room, and this had been confirmed on email, not to be a problem. But we ended up with a ground floor room. Air con was 98euros, the safe was 35euros I think.
Maria did say if we didn't like our room, she would be able to change it the following week.

The room..... well to be honest it was perfectly fine. Right next to the pool, and the pool bar. Quiet and cool, although the balcony did get the sun on it all afternoon. The only thing we really missed was a view... all we got to see was grass and trees.
The air con was a must!! oh how we loved it!
I had read that the rooms had TV's, which to be honest was more than we have been used to on Greek holidays. It was quite nice in a morning and on an evening getting dressed to have the TV on. 5 channels. 2 news, 1 strange fashion channel, 1 foreign channel with game shows on and a music channel.
The safes are all in reception, with Maria having one key at the desk, and you having your key. Someone is usually at the desk, but if they aren't the bar man (Vassalis?) will pass you the key.
The room consisted of a small kitchen, with fridge, kettle, electric hob, pans, cutlery, and crockery. Table with chairs in the room, 2 beds, bedside table, dressing table, wardrobe (plenty of coat hangers), flat screen TV on the wall and aircon unit. Oh lots of sockets for charging up phones and cameras etc.
Shower room - well I had seen pictures, but honestly what a silly contraption!! Ended up taking it in turns to hose each other off.. otherwise you ended up with one very wet shower room and the hose clamped between your knees!
Also Toilet and basin in this room. Remember to go out and buy loo roll. Again we were aware of this prior to booking, but you are only provided with 1 roll and 1 small bar of soap.
Balcony - large enough in my opinion. We had table and two chairs, 2 washing lines with pegs.

Cleaning - I lost count, but I think we had clean sheets every other day, and something similar with the towels, but this may have been every 3 days.
Everywhere is kept very clean, you can not fault this, they all seem to take pride in this.

Pool area - plenty of sun beds, we had a few days where nearly every bed had been taken, but still didn't feel crowded.
The pool - well I have never know such a warm pool.. oh my lordy! it was wonderful!!

Pool bar - Stella keeps the area spotless. Meals/snacks are made piping hot, to a high and consistent standard. The prices are comparable with all other bars/eateries in the resort as well.
There are seats under cover and also in the sun.
If you are drinking round the pool you are provided with plastic beakers. But round the pool bar you get glasses.
Oh and if Stella notices that your ice has melted, she's brings you more.. what an angel!!

Main hotel bar - Keep very clean and tidy, drinks again are on par with other places, so you don't feel the need to go else where for a cheap drink.
I was introduced to an iced coffee with Baileys here (Frappe with Baileys)... wow!! loved them! and only 3 euros.
It is very modern looking, with the seats also been comfortable.

Oh and the biggest plus for us - free open wi-fi. We were able to get up in a morning, check our emails, facebook, twitter and news, whilst having breakfast and lunch.. Then on an evening come back, have a few drinks and do the same. Brilliant!! Granted it did look like we never spoke to each other!!

The resort - it wasn't really for us. Don't get me wrong, the restaurants were lovely, I don't think we had a bad meal, and two places just wow'd us.
We went to Vassilis 3 times, and chose this place for our last meal of the holiday, the other place was Meni - we went here twice and the place looked fab, the staff were to friendly and the food was delicious.
The people in the resort were all very friendly. We didn't find it expensive. The beach looked fab! But it was missing something for us. I don't know what, but it just didn't grab us.
If I could pick up the Marianna Studios and plonk it down in Argassi, Zante, I think we'd be over the moon!!

Also the ordeal in the airport hasn't helped in making us want to visit again.
Queuing at a check-in desk and at the bag drop off - yeah pretty normal. Queuing outside the airport for 30 minutes waiting to go through airport security was just stupidity! Then once through, they were asking people to go straight to the departure gate, where we were again stood up (no seats, just a big holding area) for about an hr! All in all from getting off our transfer coach, to sitting down on the plane we were stood up for 3 hours... it was stupidity. I had said if we saw a cheap week to Kos we might go back at some point.. then went through the airport endurance test... never again!!!!!!!!!

But all in all I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Marianna Studios. I can see why people choose this hotel time and time again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank crinklemaitai
Reviewed October 20, 2012

One of the cleanest and most spacious studios we've ever had in Greece, though fairly basic like all Greek studios. Plenty of space and cupboards/drawers hers, and comfortable beds. I liked the fact that the two patio/balcony doors are backed by mosquito screens; we went in early October so didn't need air conditioning, but it was nice to leave the doors open at night and the screens closed to get fresh air but no insects.
Bathrooms are the usual Greek wetroom, with a handle for the showerhead so you can put it down without spraying water everywhere. Plenty of hot water in the afternoons.
Cleaning of a very high standard, every day but Sunday, and regular clean sheets/towels. The upstairs rooms have wonderful sunset views and spacious balconies with table/chairs.
The bar is friendly with late service and good measures. The pool is really cool and quite a good size though as we're naturists we went to the beach every day; it's a 15 minute walk, a little bit further to the clothes optional section which is superb with soft sand, sandy bottomed sea and shallow a long way out. Because the Marianna is a little way out of the centre of Tigaki it's quiet at night. Except for the demented cockerel; the studios overlook farmland, who crows not just at dawn but at 3am and 4am and 5am too; oh well, it's rural Greece!

The manager, his family and staff are very friendly and helpful; nothing too much trouble. When we were there they put in a cool new reception area.One of the really good things is that although you have to vacate your room (as is usual) at midday on the final day, there's a good sized room with seats and luggage storage, and downstairs a decent shower room. We went to the beach for the day as usual, leaving our suitcases in the room, and returned to have a shower, change, and a cold drink in the excellent little pool bar, then went for our dinner before being picked up to return to the airport. Probably the most hassle-free departure day I've EVER had in Greek accommodation! The owners rent security boxes too, so you can leave your valuables there until just before you depart: 15 euros a week.

Self catering they may be, but 2 ring hotplate is a bit basic. there is a kettle and a microwave though, an improvement on many studios, but I'd have liked a toaster. There's a very good supermarket 5 minutes' walk away for supplies including local ouzo and wine. The owners only provide one toilet roll but they're very cheap at this supermarket as is everything else.

Eating out, it's about a 10 minute walk into the centre. Tigaki Restaurant on the seafront does superb breakfasts on the way to the beach. Saggitarius is run by a Greek/English couple who are really nice; it's the only restaurant near to Marianna being next door and the food is very good. Other taverns we enjoyed were Meni and Plori in particular. we also liked Micki's bar. We shall DEFINITELY return!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs have great views, late afternoon sun and glorious sunsets.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Clodia94
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Marianna Studios for 2 weeks and cannot fault anything about it-previous reviews have almost said it all! The owners- Vasilis who runs the bar, and his wife Maria who runs reception were friendly and helpful and made us feel extremely welcome-nothing was too much trouble.

The rooms are exactly as you would expect from Greece-fairly basic, but had everything you needed. They were a good size, spotlessly clean (the maid comes in every day except Sunday) comfortable beds and sheets and towels changed regularly. The bathroom is of the usual Greek wet-room style but surely that's all part of the fun of it?! Having travelled to Greece a good number of times over several years, the accommodation was of the best standard we have come across and great value for money. Air con well worth the 49 euro per week. There has been mention of a mosquito problem-this seems to be around May/June due to the nearby salt lake, but in September while we were there I didn't get bitten once and I'm usually a prime target.

We chose to go to the beach each day which is only a 10 minute walk away but the pool has sunbeds too and is also extremely clean and well kept. There is a snack bar by the pool and a bakery behind the apartments where you can buy lovely fresh bread and cakes, also a huge supermarket only a couple of minutes walk away

At the front of the apartments is a lovely new bar area where we ended up most evenings-beware the huge Greek measures and the complimentary shots!! Vasilis keeps the bar open until the last person has gone to bed..

There are plenty of nice places to eat in Tigaki-Plori along the beach front is great for fresh fish, we also liked Nisiotiko, Sagittarius (next to Marianna) and Meni.

All in all a great holiday and we hope to revisit some time in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor with a land view-you can watch the sun set.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lisa_b004
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have just returned from the Marianna Studios in Tigaki what a lovely place to stay!! The people who run it are very friendly and helpful and nothing seems to be too much trouble.The studios are on the main strip at the very end so you do not get too much noise from the other bars, the only thing I will say is that if you are unlucky enough to get a room over the cocktail bar it can be a little noisy as the bar stayes open till quite late. They have a swimming pool area which seems quite cramped, but as we used the beach which was only a few mins walk it did not bother us.
The cleaner came in every day except Sunday and always did a great job, the towels and sheets were changed every 2-3 days. I would definately go back there.

Room Tip: If you can try to avoid the room over the cocktail bar and the ground floor rooms at the back as the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple