“Great place all round”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Tigaki
Liverpool, England
“Great place all round”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Despite not being bowled over at first, the Marianna really grew on me during a recent week there.
The location is great- much quieter than the places nearer the beach. About a 10 minute walk but worth the distance!
The external appearance of the ground floor area feels a little Prisoner Cell Block H but the apartments are fine and were great for us with a pram, plus close to the pool and bar.
Apartments are simply furnished. No hairdryer!
The cleaners work very hard and the place is spotless. The pool is great, with a nice little baby corner which is in shade layer in the afternoon. Plenty of sunbeds, plus li-los, balls and floats.
The cocktail bar is lovely- try the Piña Colada...! Wow.
There is a gorgeous bakery about 5 minutes away if you go out the back of the complex and turn right- the best croissants ever.
Parking available at the back if you hire a car- under cover which is helpful.
If you're there in August, would suggest that the air conditioning is a must.... Temperatures reach the 40s so the 7 euros a day is worth paying!
Mainly couples and families staying, with several nationalities 'flying their flags' which made for a nice atmosphere.
Quiet at night and it felt safe and secure.
Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Christabelle04

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire , England
Reviewed August 12, 2012

. HisMy husband and I spent a week at The Marianna Studios in July 2012. It is a superb base for exploring the island, which is utterly spellbindingly beautiful and un-spoiled. From the moment we arrived , late after a delayed flight, we were looked after. Vasilis, welcomed us with liqueurs and we sunk into the outdoor lounge chairs. Half and hour later, it was a case of, "delay?, what delay?" It is very well maintained and has recent big investment in new all weather seating and the lounge area is being fully refurbished to a very high standard. The poolside snack bar run by Stella serves wonderful fresh food and is really reasonably priced. Vasilis runs the cocktail bar, and his pina coladas are the best in Tigaki. He is married to Maria and she runs the reception area, and together with Stella they are the daughters of the original owners. Mamma still helps and is responsible for some wonderful greek salads and crepes at the poolside bar. Many reviewers have desribed the facilities, so I want instead to try to explain why we loved this place so much. And it is simply this: the family that run the place really care that you have a good time and a very carefree happy holiday. On the penultimate day of our holiday, my husband woke with a painful ear infection( after a trip to the hot springs the previous day). This was an issue as we had an early flight next day, and being a Sunday all the smaller island pharmacies were shut. I mentioned the ear pain to Stella, while getting our lattes. Sometime later, she came to our sunbeds, and said she had telephoned her son who lived in the next village,who had told her their pharmacy had been shut. Stella said not to worry, though, because her aunt, who lived past the other side of Kos town was already en route with medicine from the Kos pharmacy for my husband. Amazingly, it was all done out of the goodness of their hearts, and the aunt refused any payment for petrol or her time. We are simply not used to this, and still cannot believe how they helped us avoid a very painful flight home. We are already planning a return trip, which will be a first for us, as we never return anywhere! I can completely recommend the Marianna and the truly wonderful family that run it to anyone.

2 Thank skaffy
Erskine, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I spent a week at the Marianna in July with my wife and teenage daughter and to be honest to make this a short review I should say " just read the others" but I will add my comments anyway. We booked these apartments solely on the trip advisor comments and we were not disappointed in any way.
They are basic but the housekeeping staff do a fantastic job of keeping them clean and are in every day except Sunday. One small point was that we only got one towel change in 8 days but that was just as much our fault because I am sure had we asked Maria it would have been taken care off. Yes the shower is a nightmare with water everywhere but that is just Greece and in no way did we let it spoil our holiday.
The pool area is small, the water is warm, but we always got sunbeds and I found no evidence of the " beach towel on the bed syndrome". The bar at night is a fantastically relaxing place to finish the day and although we did not try the cocktails the measures in the wine glasses were massive.
We tried a number of restaurants in the town and to be honest we enjoyed every meal so all I can say is have a wander pick a restaurant and try it as I believe restaurant reviews are very individual depending on what you are looking for.
I think the best way to sum up our stay at the Marianna is to say that we spent the second week at the Hilton Doubletree in Kardamena and as I write this review in the sunshine in Scotland ( yes non believers the sun does shine occasionally here) i can honestly say that I enjoyed both weeks equally well.

Room Tip: apartments are on three levels ask for level 2 or 3.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LPD_10
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here from the 25th July till the 8th of August and it was everything and more of what we where expecting.The pool was the best I've ever swam in,the rooms were lovely,clean and well maintained.Stella on the poolside bar is a lovely lady and the owners can't do enough for you.Dont worry about being bit by mozzys as me and my family never got bit once and that is definately a first.I would recommend this hotel to anybody and I am going back,if you do go here take a trip to the beach as it is special but spend your time at Mikis beach bar that's the best beach bar,he's a Greek Australian who defo looks after his customers

• Stayed August 2012
manchester
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just back from 2 weeks at the Marianna. Have to say I read all the reviews before I left and they were the main reason that I booked it. It did live up to the reviews and we had a very enjoyable stay.

We booked a one bed apartment and from what I could see these were located at the front of the building towards the bar and the studios are located further back around the pool. The one bedroom apart was spacious and abosulutely spotless. The bedroom area was sectioned off using a partitioning wall and a sliding door. It didnt cost much more for the one bedroom apart but if there are only 2 of you or like us travelling with a young child then a studio would also be plenty big enough.

As others have said self catering facilities were adequate and plenty of cutlery / crockery etc. Pool area lovely and clean, never really struggled for a sunbed even at this time of year. Snack bar served tasty food at good prices although we did tend to use our room to make sandwiches etc at lunch and for drinks in the daytime.

Bar area out the front was great and really modern and relaxing, decided to try the cocktails after reading on here how good they were and we weren't disappointed! Mojitos were amazing!

Staff were all cheerful, friendly and informative. I would reccommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing break in the sun.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to ensure you get a view of the sunset at night and the sea.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank maggi72
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed at the begining of July. Really impressed with Tigaki, lovely quiet and friendly place to relax. Hotel pool a bit crowded and small but very clean and warm. Room large and had good facilities. The shower was an experience, no curtain and the water did not drain away so left puddles that were a bit dangerous. In my opinion towels and bed sheets were not changed often enough. Cockrel a novelty on the first night but wanted to shoot it by the end of the week! Food in all the restaurants good value for money. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed on the second floor facing the olive groves, sun good on the balcony late afternoon and p...
1 Thank montaguehome1
nuneaton
Reviewed August 7, 2012

been to kos 6 times first time we stayed at marianna, absolutley brilliant, top owner and best cocktail maker vassillis and his beautifull wife maria, who was always here t help and gorgeous harry .. vassillis sister maria was always happy with a smile on her face even in that heat while she was working . all i can say is we will be back and this is the best hotel bar in tingaki kos cant wait to see the fountain next year, love to all the family

Room Tip: we were on top floor no noise at all was great
1 Thank clanmelville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigaki
Tigaki's Star Hotel
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa
More Meni Beach
More Meni Beach
#11 of 23 in Tigaki

Been to Marianna Hotel? Share your experiences!