“5th Stay here and will be back”
Review of Ilios Hotel

Ilios Hotel
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Tigaki
Reviewed July 31, 2011

All staff very helpful, friendly and work very hard to make your holiday a good one. Hotel very clean and rooms spacious. Food was varied as much as possible for buffet style restraunt. We loved the food and my teenage daughter never once complained about the food, or anything else actually. The hotel runs 2 mini busses 4 times a day to the beach for FREE. What more can you ask for? Shame the 1 pool bar was not open we've had some great times here in the past. The other bar wasn't far from the pool. 2 very clean large pools and 2 childrens pools. Loads of sunbeds available and play parks and gardens kept very tidy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Robertsclan95

Reviewed July 26, 2011

The ilios Hotel is a fantastic resort in Kos, Greece it is very friend and family friendly. The hotel offers a creche for the children to keep them busy while the adults can chill out and have time to them selves. The staff are fantastic they are very caring and are always happy to help you. over all super hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank 4321lad
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Me and my boyfriend have just come back from Kos and stayed at this hotel. I understand where most of the negative comments are coming from but think they are unneccisarily harsh. Apart from things that were uncontrollable (mozzies, other bugs) we have no complaints about the hotel and would go back. Our room was spacious and cleaned every day, the food wasnt amazing and labels would help but it looked fresh and I enjoyed it for what it was. Granted, we didnt want to spend all our time in the hotel and ate out a lot but we didnt expect miracles for the price we paid. soft drinks were nice (sprite one is the best) and while alcohol wasnt to my taste after the first glass it was fine and didnt taste watered down (we had mainly wine, ouzo and beer). The staff were all lovely apart from one guy who seemed really disinterested, Dimitria was fab and on the ball. The lady in the shop was lovely too. I think the cost of air con was expensive but really when we broke down the costs of our trip the hotel probably doesnt make a whole lot of money by the time weve ate and drank it all!!! we thought it was good value. The pools are lovely (thought was disappointed about pool bar) very quiet this time of year. the dogs are really cute too. It was a mainly german resort which is fine but you do miss people to talk to- we met some british ladies (hi girls!) a few days in which was nice. The trips out were also good- we enjoyed the trip to bodrum (thought the shop owners are total pests!!!!) lido water park and paradise beach excursion. the country itself was lovely and boiling hot! We would reccomend getting a buggy or ped if you dont want to walk everywhere or pay for trips as tigaki strip and beach was a trek in the heat but the beach is really nice. We went to sagittarius resteraunt 3 times which was lovely and Oneiros which was nice but not as good. Meni cocktail bar was also nice but the bars are quite expensive. If there was a 3.5 star for the hotel I would choose it but il round it up as the holiday itself was lovely.

1  Thank Beejoux
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We just come back from two weeks at the 3* Ilios Hotel. All the reviews are exact & the fact that the Ilios is over run with mosquitos / flys is an understatement, some nights the whole resort was swarmed, they stay by the lights but there was millions! We walked down to the town - around 15 mins, the flies were in my eyes and literally as we were walking they were hitting our skin...I have never seen such quantity of bugs, they look exactly like mosquitos - but I am sure the bugs were mixed Flys/mossies- I was bitten every night at least twice throughout my stay..So if you've already booked this hotel DONT GO WITHOUT MOSQUITO SPRAY.

Tingaki is a lovely place - the beach is amazing - about 20-30 min walk, but beautiful - no watersports though. There are salt lakes close to the hotel with flamingos there living in the wild - be careful though as we came across the nudist beach & got some filthy looks for being clothed!

We hired a petrol beach buggy & went around the island - was amazing - cost 35 euros and got to stop at a few beautiful beaches. We also did the 3 island tour boat trip - had a great day, food on the trip is amazing. sea very choppy on the way back..get there early as they really book the trips with max people on board - we never managed to get a sunbed and was in direct sunlight from 10-6pm.

The food at the hotel was OK, edible, not much choice, we found if you got there early it was still hot - I loved the fact all the veg/salad/fruit was grown on site there was always tiny bits of fish - pork or chicken & spag bol about 6 times! Always pasta...Breakfast was not great - cheese cucumber tomatoes hard boiled eggs a few times. Goat milk with cheap cereal..and thats it..fruit would of been nice...

The sunbeds around the pool are terrible - really hard and old, no cushions in the whole hotel ON ANY SEATS!

The drinks available are all fake copies of sprite/coke/fanta - they are really syrupy! soda water - wine (drinkable) brandy (watered down) Ouzo - tasted watery Beer which is paletable - not too plesant in a plastic cup...There was NO Vodka - which i have to say is a first in a AI hotel? The tea coffee are not great either.

The staff are ok Dimitra is the manager - she owns a part of the hotel along with her family. She was helpful but often felt we were being palmed off>>>We paid the 70 euros for the air conditioning for the two weeks and it never worked for the first week - But wasnt offered a refund.

You have to pay to play darts/pool/5 euros for tennis? 1 euro 8 mins for internet & after 11 it is 2 euros for a lemonade.

The staff are all romanian/albanian - Not one of the bar staff were Greek - which i felt was a shame. They seem to favour young girls from germany/holland we see them on more than one occasion giving them free drinks after the 11pm curfew! One night I was queing for a drink - It aproached 11 as I was waiting to get a drink & the vile Julian wouldnt give me a drink...Even though I was behind 6 people from 10:50!

The hotel is mainly germans - i would say 70% German i found some to be very ignorant.

At night you could hear everthing - the walls in the hotel are very thin...All you seem to hear is cases being dragged around the pool area & people coming or going. Doors closing and furniture being moved around.

However, we had a great time & met some lovely people who we hope to stay in touch with - we made the most of what we had. I would never go there again & advise anyone thinking about booking DONT DO IT!!!!! WASTE OF MONEY!

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs room - the flys are still bad - but not as bad as ground floor.
5  Thank JaynTan
Reviewed July 10, 2011

spent two weeks all inclusive here and we are glad to leave, the food was horrible, you must like pasta with every meal, the meat was tough and stringy and covered in a sauce to cover up the taste, the soup was packet type. on severale days we ate out, the hotel NEEDS a lot of work to bring it up to a safe standard, the only drinks you will get is very small beer/ouzo/cheap brandy or pop, if you wont to walk to tigaki its 30 min to the beach up a single trak road. watch out for the cars etc, the hotel is close to the salt lands so you get bitten by bugs at night, the staff was frendly, the two pools was good only you don't get a bar at the main pool you walk to the smaller one and then you have to take your BEAKER back to get another drink, the rooms are very good but the beds are like bricks, you pay for air con( 70 euros for two weeks) and 35 euors for the safe,

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scumpy1
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Just come back from 2 weeks at this hotel and quite frankly I was glad to get back. The hotel itself is actually ok, the staff with one exception were the best I have ever come across. Julian who works the bar in the evenings (every evening, no day off) is the most obnoxious twit I have ever met. When you meet him, you will know who he is. I am really fussy with my food and not likely to try new things, but the food here although limited selection was quite good during our 2 weeks, but I found they had good days and not so good days and during the last week, the not so good days were more frequent. We had a mozzie screen over our window on our balcony and I think the upper apartments balconies fair better than the lower balconies as they appear to be dark and dingy. However, the mozzies and flies are attracted to any light however small or weak, so the trick is to keep all your lights off if you know you will have windows or doors open, unless they are screened of course. In the bar area in the evening, Ilios had to have the lights off because the swarming flies/mozzies came in their millions (no exaggeration). I was bitten more during the day than in the evenings and I don't know what was biting.
Would I go back to Kos, yes, would I go back to this hotel, no because it is not all inclusive, it is full board with drinks, and the very nasty cheap brandy is just that, it is rank and the kindly Julian evens waters that down. I had 12 brandy and coke in one evening and still went to bed completely sober, I feel that I have been tee total for 2 weeks. You can buy whiskey or vodka etc and they are quite cheap if Julian likes you, but if you fall out with him (which most people do) they are €4 each drink. There are no ice creams on all inclusive, you have to buy that. If you go out for the day, they do not give you a packed lunch like other hotels. So, as I said, full board with a few drinks thrown in. The description on Low cost beds website says the closeness of the beach, why the need of a free shuttle bus then? Think about it.
Nikos the bus driver (the hotel owner, so dont tip) is really good fun and very likeable as is his wife who works in the mini market in the mornings and evenings. The staff are really friendly at this hotel so try and make the effort to talk to them and dont forget to tip the ones you like.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs & if you have a balcony covered in flies, then get the cleaner to swe...
4  Thank Payneys
Reviewed July 7, 2011

stayed on all inclusive holiday which defintly was not ,very limited drinks and food was terrible, after a night out on tagaki strip witch was brill i might add with a couple we had met at our hotel, our door to our room was covered with hundreds of mosquitos and also spiders pouncing on there midnight snack when we opened door to get in our room was invaded so never got much sleep,only good thing i can say about the hotel is not much really the staff were ok apart from night security who was rude and arragan tno help what so ever wouldnt reccomend staying there not even for money you pay , the beach and bars are good and restaraunts but glad to be home.

Room Tip: plenty of mosquito repellent and spray
2  Thank 186337David1978
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigaki
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
#12 of 24 in Tigaki
Akti Dimis Hotel
Akti Dimis Hotel
#5 of 24 in Tigaki

Been to Ilios Hotel? Share your experiences!