“I loved it !!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Tigaki
Dorset
“I loved it !!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have just came back from the amzing fili apartments it was great there the food was lovely the rooms were nice the pools were amazing . There was a water slide if you go down on your tummy you can go really fast . I recommend going to bubble beach it is a trip you can do there. There is a big inflatable in the Water and bubbles in the water. The food is lovely and BBQ night is fun one night we all jumped in the pool. There is a games room the pool table is very popular. I stayed in A1 personally I thought the room was lovely it is very clean. I loved my stay at fili and have no complaints I would easily stay here again
Age 11

4 Thank Caroline B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have just comr back from koz and had the most amazing time - the Island and the people are amazing, the only thing to let us down was the [--] Fili Appartments. Well what can i say about this, 1st of there is no bin and only a bed in one room and a sofa bed in the other, a table 2 chairs and a 2 stove hob. The shower fired out brown stuff when switched on and the water was just a trickle, the toilet was SO badly stained that a bottle of bleech could have not cleaned it. We had a meal in paul (THE OWNERS) restaurant and me and my partner got really ill.
The drawer where the 2 knife and forks were kept was disgusting. On the 4th day of our holiday we walked to all the hotels in sight and asked if they had any spare rooms as we both wanted to stay in a cleaner more updated hotel or appartment with a working shower, but as it was peak season all the hotels were fully booked. It gor to the point near the end where i was tempted to sleep on a sun lounger on the beach and use the beach shower as im sure it would have been a cleaner option.
Would i stay there again (NOT IF U PAID ME)
So book this Fili Appartments if you dare, but dont say i didnt warn you.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank levi p
Hara H, Front Office Manager at Fili Apartments, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear guest,
We are really sorry that you had a so unpleasant stay in our hotel. To tell you the truth, if you hadn't mention the owner's name we would thought that you were talking for some other place. First of all I must mention that there is not even one studio or apartment in our place that has just one bed and a sofa bed.In all rooms are at least two beds and a sofa bed.Our rooms are cleaned every second day but if for any reason something was wrong in your room it would be better if you just had mentioned it in reception while you were here. We would definately take care of it because it's very important for us our guests to be happy. As far as food is concerned we serve too many people every day and no one has ever complained. We make sure that all our ingredients are fresh and the kitchen is perfectly cleaned. In addition, I must say that all our stuff and the owner's family have their meals here every day and they are very careful about the conditions that all foods are cooked.
We are in constant efford to improve our services and of course there are always things to be done. We are truly sorry that you didn't have a great stay at Fili as the most of our guests
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here 7-22nd July 2013. A family of 5. Very clean rooms as they were cleaned daily with clean towels and bed linen. The staff here were so friendly. Brilliant with the children. The restaurant Ampelli behind the hotel was great. But you should go when it's light because it has its own vineyard the Mosquitos come out in there forces. The walk to the beach is about 4 minutes but this beach isn't very big. Great on an evening to watch the sun go down tho!! But the walk to tigaki centre with children was around 50/60 minutes. I would recommend a car hire or bikes. There Is a bus too which stops directly outside fili. I would also recommend getting yellow swimwear as all our stuff went yellow from swimming!!! We would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Housie85
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've just spent a week there with my daughter. She loved the pool with the slide so I was happy too. The only drawback was music roaring in the background as it was most of the time back from the '70s or '80s. Every day the same music over and over again and rarely Greek one which was a shame as I was feeling as if I were in Brighton not in Greece. The same remark for the food; we got soon fed up with toast (started to wonder whether those guys in Greece ever eat any good bread) and English breakfast or jam; or chips for lunch. Not too much variety I'm sorry to write. Couldn't be happier then when we discovered a lovely taverna at the back of our hotel. I strongly recommend visiting this one! It's a must! Amazing food and very dedicated owners plus great home wine.
When it comes to hotel facilities my daughter complained of the stinky toilet nearby the pool and of insects in our room. Neither the kitchen nor the bathroom were very well equipped but we were ok with that since we never spent much time there anyway. We rented a bike at Nico's and were very happy with the price (20 euro per 6 days) and service. Biking with a kid is very safe in Tigaki safe for the time with very strong winds when there's a risk of being actually blown into the sea so be on your guard. We found Tigaki centre very touristy and disappointing when it comes to food selection (too westernized for our taste) and strongly recommend visiting a cafe in the very centre of Kos town which is run by women only. They offer excellent homemade Greek desserts.

The family back at Fili were kind but we found them rather distant; always attended to our needs though, especially ladies.

We might go there again next year.

1 Thank youstyn
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just like to echo what the majority of people have previously said- Very good value; extremely hard working friendly people; Spotlessly clean; good reasonably priced food; The owner Paul is an absolute character with no end of amusing patter. I would recommend this place and will certainly visit again someday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family spent a very pleasant week at the apartments, yes they are dated and the plumbing is typically Greek, yes they could do with updating the apartments, but, the staff are all very friendly. The location is a pleasant 30 minutes walk to the centre of town on a flat road but the plus side is peace and quiet. The beach is only 3 minutes walk, my son loved the pool with the slide which worked perfectly well and with a bit of effort you can get quite a bit of speed up coming down it, as others have said the second pool is quite often only used by one or two people and is much quieter. You must visit the small taverna at the back of the hotel (the track to it literally runs along the back of the property on the other side of the wall from the swimming pools), fantastic and very reasonably priced food and excellent wine that they produce themselves. The food at Fili apartments was OK as were the drinks. Wifi free and available in the bar area, quite slow but at least it works This is the 8th Greek island I have stayed on and it is not over commercialised, yes all you want in the way of bars and tavernas but no high rises. There is a good sized supermarket in the town but the small hotel at the end of the approach road to the fili aparts does have a well stocked mini market with fresh bread deliveries made every morning. Overall I agree that the apartments are probably worthy of only 2 stars but they are kept very very clean as are all of the public areas. I would recommend a stay here, we had a lovelly time, oh don't forget your mossy spray and insect bite cream they do come out at night. Bottom line - you get what you pay for and we paid only just over 1k with Jet 2 holidays for B&B for a week for 2 apartments for 4 of us in July 2013. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a sea view we did