My family spent a very pleasant week at the apartments, yes they are dated and the plumbing is typically Greek, yes they could do with updating the apartments, but, the staff are all very friendly. The location is a pleasant 30 minutes walk to the centre of town on a flat road but the plus side is peace and quiet. The beach is only 3 minutes walk, my son loved the pool with the slide which worked perfectly well and with a bit of effort you can get quite a bit of speed up coming down it, as others have said the second pool is quite often only used by one or two people and is much quieter. You must visit the small taverna at the back of the hotel (the track to it literally runs along the back of the property on the other side of the wall from the swimming pools), fantastic and very reasonably priced food and excellent wine that they produce themselves. The food at Fili apartments was OK as were the drinks. Wifi free and available in the bar area, quite slow but at least it works This is the 8th Greek island I have stayed on and it is not over commercialised, yes all you want in the way of bars and tavernas but no high rises. There is a good sized supermarket in the town but the small hotel at the end of the approach road to the fili aparts does have a well stocked mini market with fresh bread deliveries made every morning. Overall I agree that the apartments are probably worthy of only 2 stars but they are kept very very clean as are all of the public areas. I would recommend a stay here, we had a lovelly time, oh don't forget your mossy spray and insect bite cream they do come out at night. Bottom line - you get what you pay for and we paid only just over 1k with Jet 2 holidays for B&B for a week for 2 apartments for 4 of us in July 2013. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- relaxing place, big gardens, view to Aegean, friendly staff, family business ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fili Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fili Apartments Tigaki
- Fili Apartments Hotel Tigaki
- Fili Apartments Kos/Tigaki, Greece