1,836 results
All reviews swim up room beach bar main restaurant argo restaurant shared pool lagoon pool animation team mini bar a la carte restaurant bar staff piano player the bus climbing wall evening entertainment long trousers sandwiches bbq lunch
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2018

We stayed late September 2018. I'd emailed beforehand to request that the swim up room we booked got sun during most of the day as some reviews mention lack of sun on terraces This was accommodated and we were given a lovely room (504). The rooms opposite got very little sun :( Staff were very welcoming on arrival and whilst we completed our registration form our suitcases were labelled and taken by the staff to our room. Room was cleaned daily and minibar restocked. We spent many an evening chilling on the terrace overlooking the swim up pool :)
Hotel grounds are immaculate and well kept and its fair to say that each and every member of staff we came across were always smiling and happy to help. Special mention to the staff in the pool bar by the beach who were there each evening:)
Food was of a good standard and the lunch time bbq should not be missed.
One or two reviews mention the pricing. Its worth shopping around as we booked with Jet2 All Inc for 10 nights with a swim up room. When I looked at other tour operators I thought we may end up in the basement as we had got such a good price in comparison to the likes of First Choice and also the lady on here who pd 3k for a standard room for 5 nights!
All in all an excellent stay and I would love to come back one day but there are still many Greek Islands I have yet to explore

Room tip: Definitely go for a swim up room. I think these were the envy of many staying here and they really don't cost that much more.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank toby201076
Tina T, Online Sales & Marketing Executive at Astir Odysseus Kos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Dear toby201076,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at Astir Odysseus Kos and for your excellent review.

We are really glad you enjoyed your room, the food and especially for mentioning the friendliness of our staff.

If you decide to return to Kos, we would be more than happy to accommodate you for a second time.

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

Paid £3000 for a 5 night stay booking via Kuoni UK. Therein lies our first error. We met people staying 7 nights for less, and travelling in far more comfort than EasyJet.

We were allocated a second floor room (request for low floor didn’t reach the hotel) in the family section which was located at the reception side of the hotel by a large characterless pool and no sight of the sea what so ever. 50% of the pool is in the shade morning or afternoon.

Third bed for my son was a sofa bed. Size was only just worked as he is 5”10 but it’s not a proper mattress, it’s rock hard and he had backache. If children are charges as an adult at least give them a mattress! Poor.

The resort is very much a resort of two haves with the superior rooms, swim up rooms and sea views at the bottom of the resort. Both swim up pools and the main pool are beautiful and inviting- though unusable in October as freezing cold. We bared in on a few short occasions but it was not enjoyable. For a supposed 5* hotel, it would be nice to heat at least one pool. The wooden decking around the main pool is worn with sharp screws sticking out, be careful. The bar served cocktails in paper coffee cups which I was told was the green option. Some people got cocktails in reusable plastics which felt better. Cocktails in coffee cups didn’t really work for us.

The beach is pebble with a tiny amount of sand spots. The beds are on a sand but you have to tread over large pebbles to access the sea which is stoney too. The beach chairs are old metal ones that need replacing, poorest I’ve seen in a long time. The water sports had shut shop for the season leaving pedlos with rotted wood on show! Broken chairs etc by the hut. The beach is cleaned but either side on the farmland is strewn with litter.

The food here though is out of this world and both the lunch served by the beach / pool bar and supper served at the main restaurant was exceptional. Service was self service though and as we were only on a 5 night package had no other dining options afforded to us.

Evening pianist was superb. As the resort was in wind down mode as closing at the end of the month the theatre was closed and put in the main bar which failed to supply enough seating. When staff did bring more chairs the wait staff ignored chair only dwellers and only serviced those seated at a table. The lead entertainer most self obsessed and it became tedious- like a petulant child only spoke to guests who fell at his feet to tell him he is wonderful. Yawn.

Despite arriving in the early hours, our room check out was 12-00 midday. At this point the lights go out and electricity is cut to the room, as we experienced as we were leaving!

We love Kos, but have stayed at far nicer, more welcoming 5* hotels on the island and regularly pay £3400 for 3 of us for a week. The money is not the object if you have a great time and feel well looked after in a lovely environment.

I don’t think we were alone in being happy to leave, a little bit like most the staff we did speak to who were doing until the season end and not returning. That speaks volumes as other hotels we repeatable book staff re there year after year.

The hotel is stuck up itself but not for the right reasons in our opinion. It’s 5* but lacks any “fun” or “warmth” and it’s staff are about as arm as the outdoor October pools.

There is far better. Try Atlantico Porto Bello Royal for instance. Same price, but you will be welcomed and have so much more.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank sarriea001
Tina T, Online Sales & Marketing Executive at Astir Odysseus Kos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Dear sarriea001,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed a lot the food and the performance of our pianist.

We are sorry though to read you didn't feel well looked after, even if we did our best to satisfy your needs and no complaints were noted from your part.

It is worth mentioning that a free upgrade to family room was given, as well as free day use - until 6 pm- the day of departure.

Regarding the pool water temperature, the water gets colder as the weather gets colder too but there is a heated indoor pool in our spa area.

We are surprised also to read your comments regarding the staff as the majority of our guests praise the friendliness and service of our staff.

We hope to have the chance to accommodate you again in the future and offer you our high quality service we are proud of.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

I want to say a big thank you to the manageress and hotel! I can’t thank them enough! So basically I had a 7 day stay here which was cut short to 3 nights (my then boyfriend had threatened my life, so I came home early) I would definitely recommend this amazing hotel though I will be back, the staff handled my situation so well, so discreetly and the manageress was amazing, she comforted me and helped get me to the airport safely
The resort is unreal, the food, the staff, the pools are amaze! This hotel do care for their guests! I will definitely return to have a lovely week stay in the future, definitely 5 star and above standards!
Thank you so much again for all the support, sorry I couldn’t be there longer!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 578ellis
Tina T, Online Sales & Marketing Executive at Astir Odysseus Kos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Dear 578ellis,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for your great review!

We are happy you enjoyed our facilities, the food and our service despite your adventure but we are most of all glad you had a safe return. We re-assure you that we will pass on your comments to all our staff and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2018

I stayed here for a few nights in September with my daughter as a last minute get away trip. Overall, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Resort for the cost. I have stayed at several all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and the facilities and services at those resorts were far beyond what I received here.

The overall resort was kept clean and updated. The rooms however were very bland and minimalist. The rooms were quite small with and in no way cozy or relaxing feeling. I did have a balcony which overlooked the ocean - the balcony was a great size.

The pool facilities were very average. I would note that there are a lot of pools, lounge chairs, etc and they never felt overcrowded. However, there was nothing special about the pools. The beach is very poor (there really is no beach, just chairs placed on a rocky area). The beach chairs are old and need to be updated - given the condition of the beach and chairs I was never able to sit by the ocean. If you are someone who likes to use the beach/sandy area, do not come here.

Overall the staff was nice, but a bit subpar on their service. Typically at all inclusive resorts, I receive great service. They did nothing to go out of their way to make the stay feel special. For example, prior to arriving I asked for assistance booking a car/taxi from the airport - I was told that this was not possible and would have to find my own arrangements. I also was quite disappointed in the towel situation - you were only permitted to have one beach towel! There are also only limited hours when you can pick up a towel. When I'm paying several hundred euros/night, I would expect the hotel to not be so stingy with the towels.

They also advertise as being all inclusive however add costs on in several spots...for example at dinner, not even a glass of water is included! You must pay for ANY drink you want, even coffee, water, etc with your meal. Also upcharge for pillows.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jaclyn S
Tina T, Online Sales & Marketing Executive at Astir Odysseus Kos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2018

Dear Jaclyn S,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review in TripAdvisor.

We are really sorry we didn't succeed in meeting your expectations, although some of the services and procedures you mention are typical to almost all 5 star resorts worldwide.

Regarding the pool towels, you can pick them up either in the mini club, which is open specific hours, or in the reception, with no time limit.

Our all inclusive plan includes of course drinks and water, as far as you order them. In no way you are charged for the water, only specific drinks/cocktails are not included.

Finally, there is a surcharge for the pillows in case you ask for a specific pillow (ie cocomat). A pillow price list is always provided in the room in order for our guests to be able to request a pillow upgrade.

We always strive to offer the best service to our guests and most of the times all issues are solved on the spot as soon as they are mentioned on time during our guests' stay.

We hope to have the chance to accommodate you again in the near future and reverse your first impression about our resort.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2018

Stayed here June for 10 days. Great room overlooking the mountains, everything very clean, weather was great, a la carte restaurant was very nice. The pool was huge and beautiful views from your sun bed.
Lovely relaxing holiday and would return.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sharon1961,

Thank you for choosing Astir Odysseus Kos for your stay and for leaving such an excellent review.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.