“treated like royalty”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Tigaki
Manchester, United Kingdom
“treated like royalty”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed All inclusive in June 2011 and found the hotel and service first class. We had a sea front room which gave us a fantastic view of near by islands,Turkey,beautiful pool and an amazing sunset.
The room was very comfortable and clean and with such a comfortable bed we had excellent nights sleep. The room provided everything we needed for our stay and was finished to a very high standard. The location of the hotel is very handy to get to Kos town by bus (15mins) which is only a couple of euro's each and is made easy as you can get the tickets from the very friendly hotel staff at reception.
The amenities are of a high standard and everything we needed or wanted was provided. The pool by the beach was beautiful and made for a relaxing day with the breeze from the sea and with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. We found there was lots of space so we did not feel crowded and the pool was spotless.This all made up for the beach as it was very small and not appealing.
The food was what we expected in a hotel of this standard, it was fresh and varied with lots of choice. The grill restaurant by the beach bar was great for lunch and again the choice was good.
The staff around the hotel were very friendly and helpful. We had excellent service in all area's of the hotel including the manager who was very appochable, friendly and could not do enough for us when we happend to speak to him.
We would highly recommend this hotel and hopfully we will be returning in the very near future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank HAT182

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Berkshire
Reviewed June 29, 2011

a lovely clean hotel, quite new only a few years old, the resturants , bars & service are typical iberostar 4* quality but i would say that the hotel gets the 5* rating as some of the sea view rooms have private pools, & there are a mid range block of rooms that have there own pool aswell.
the lobby bar is great a night, the bar manager & anna are a great laugh, the 2 guys on the pool bar next to the greek taverna during the day are a laugh aswell. they serve drinks around by both pools during the day, buffet lunch & dinner is great, good choice, the a la carte is ok aswell,.
the hotel beach is not the best in the world, hire a bike for 5 euro a day and cycle down to tigkai got past the beach by the rd, carry on & look for the kite surfers, there you will find the best beach, only 5km away.
bus stop at the end of the drive will take you to Kos town 1 euro 60, by ticket a hotel reception.
overall lovely hotel, great service, great food, a bit out of town location, not the best beach but i would go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Exiles16
Cleveland
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I booked this hotel last year via Hotels4U and got a bargain. Excellent service throughout our stay beginning with warm face towels to freshen up after the flight and fruit juice whilst completing registration forms. A very favourable start. Room was all we would ask for, spacious and very clean, with our own private pool out of our terrace. Brilliant shared pools including the huge lagoon pool on the sea front. Super facilities throughout the hotel including spa, games room, lounges, bars etc.
Food was varied in choice and plentiful, even an ingenious dieters table. But the thought of a diet on holiday...... no. But still a great added touch. Animation team are brilliant, Neil definitely made rifle shooting fun, even though husband achieved nil points. Entertainment every other night, so as to allow peace and tranquility in the hotel on some nights, that said the entertainment nights weren't loud and raucious.

Again as previously mentioned the hotel is a little too far to walk into Kos, but taxi service was quick and not so costly as there were four adults in our party. So 12 euros each was wasnt too bad.

All in all we had a fabulous time here, no complaints and certainly lots of praise to members of staff who made it their task to ensure each and evey holidaymaker enjoyed themselves. We will be back, I am sure of it. I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing, peaceful holiday in an outstanding hotel affording guests quality and service befitting its 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SaintyCleveland
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked an all-in last year in October and didn't regret it.
The hotel is very pleasant and clean. Most of the staff were from Eastern Europe (Latvia and such) working there during their vacation and were actually much friendlier than the local staff.
My room was spotless and very comfortable with a little balcony overseeing some of the swimming pools.
I arrived in the late evening and got some welcome dinner which I will agree to say was welcome but really not good (plates had been prepared several hours before and wrapped in plastic so all the ingredients-cheese, ham, apple-kind of had the same flavour and the bread was soft). As soon as I arrived in my room, I got a phone call from the man at the reception to ask if everything was fine and if the room was at my taste. As the customers from the room under mine we fairly drunk and VERY noisy, I asked if something could be done and 10 minutes later everything was back to normal, which I was really thankful for.
The pools and other amenities are clean and very nice. As I went off season, I was assured to always have the place I wanted to whichever pool I'd decide to choose for the day.
The pool that's next to the lobby is also close to the main restaurant and has light traditional Greek music during the day. Unlike lots of resorts, there was NO loud music and it was very relaxing.
I would advice to go All-In as this includes meals but also drink at the beach shacks, the main bar and the restaurant.
The food served in the main restaurant (buffet) and in the beach restaurant (barbecue for lunch and restaurant in the evening) is better than it usually is in resorts of this kind.
If you want to go to Kos town, there's bus that stops just at the main entrance and goes directly to the center (15-20 mins).
Last nice touch: as you have to check-out before 12 but might not fly before the evening, you can still fully enjoy the premises with your luggage stored in a special room. You can book a room (free of charge) for 30 minutes so that you can still have a shower after your day at the pool or beach and change into appropriate clothes for your trip back home. This was the best thing ever!

Now for the mentioned flaws:

The hotel is meant to be a 4* hotel but I'm not completely convinced.
Upon arrival, I was overwhelmed by a smell of, well... I'm afraid to say... pee. It was not the best welcoming sign you can get from a hotel you're about to spend a week in. However, it didn't last long. Whether it is because I got used to it or because it disappeared, I couldn't know, but it was good I didn't smell anymore!
The beach really isn't worth anything! I think it's better there was none than having THAT one... It's almost nonexistent and really not welcoming.
There really isn't much organized by the staff to keep their customers busy: just a few ball games and themed evenings but barely any activities during the day and nothing to do after the said themed evening (say, after 10pm). I could not care less about all this as I'm certainly no party animal and wanted to only enjoy sun, pools and quietness so it was perfect for me, but I can understand that it would be very boring for others.
Even though the food was good, the drinks in the main restaurant were perfect rubbish. I don't drink wine so used to order fruit juices during my meals > DO NOT order juices (and probably any soft drinks) in the restaurant: they're mere water with some kind of tasleless syrup or powder. This is very strange as the drinks served at the bars were actual fruit juices and cocktails... My advice if you want to drink something worth it during your meal, order it at the main bar and take it along with you to the restaurant (unfortunate I didn't think of this earlier in my stay).
The website of the hotel says there is free internet access from the rooms... Don't believe it! If you want wi-fi, you'll have to walk all the way to the lobby, and even there, it doesn't work everywhere (try to sit as close to the reception as possible).
The ground around the beach pool was flooded and someone the grass was yellowish.

Bottom line is that I would definitely advise this hotel if you're not a party animal (even though you could still easily go into town to party as I believe that the center offers several options) and if you're able to accept that where you're going to stay is not completely flawless. If you're not, don't got and avoid yourself a moan or two. Also remember that I went after the summer peak so it was probably more quiet that during high season...
I really enjoyed my stay here and I reckon I'd go back if I ever decided to go back to Kos (which I doubt).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
7 Thank LilRedFrog
Somewhere in Europe
Reviewed March 14, 2011

This hotel is a good 4-star, not a real 5-star by European standards.
Really large rooms and bathrooms, good comfort in the rooms, large halls with trendy furniture.

Food quality was lower than expected, not bad but below the standards of the structure (but with a special mention to the guy from Georgia -the country close to Russia- who cooked pancakes, he really tried to do his best!).

The biggest problems we had were actually due to other guests, most of them were really rude and impolite (so you can imagine their kids....), try to imagine a caravan going camping IN the halls... The manager told us he couldn't do much about that (?) but trying to bias advertising campaigns next year.

Anyway, the hotel is far from any villages, so you need a motorbike or a car to go anywhere (better a car because roads are NOT in excellent conditions); there is only a bus line (to Kos village) which stops in front of the hotel but runs once an hour or so on.

Hotel swimming pools are nice and really large (remember what I said about other guests and their kids...), but the beach and the sea are definitely worse than what you expect in Greece (due to northbound location).

I definitely suggest to get to some magnificent beaches you can find in Kos island but, again, you need a car to go there.
Don't miss a visit to Crusaders' Castle (wear good shoes like sneakers, not slippers).

Eventually, if you rent a car, keep AWAY from Central Auto Bank, as they'll show you brand new cars but will deliver c...p (really c...p) cars at your hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank HawkEye935
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 14, 2010

The hotel is new, we had 2 rooms there for vacation.
Avoid the handicap rooms in the first floor, as they don't have a good bathroom like the rest.
The food is great, we had a small incident with one of the staff which was very rude to us, we got no good response from his manager.
You need to get up early in order to catch a place in the pool side sun beds.. There aren't enough..
Room cleaning is fair, you need to beg for additional towels...
The hotel is not far from the city, we rented scooters from the city, check very good the scooter before you commit!
the road without lights, so be careful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hadassi
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We had booked a front sea view room,on arrival we were given an inside room,on complaining we were moved to a front room that hadn@t been cleaned from the previous guests. The room was large and the bed comfortable but the "smoke alarm" flashing light was so bright it lit the whole room. It was difficult yto get replacement toileteries and impossible to get more milk for the "tea tray " even though there was a charge for useage.The standard and selection of food deteriorated as the first week progressed with the dinner plates cold.Because the "beach restaurant" was closed the day after we arrived the management gave a special offer of free use of the indoor swimming pool,sauna and jacuzzi unfortunately they forgot to mention that none of these facilities were heated,hence unusable. On returning to the Hotel after the first week we were told the Hotel was closing that day and we had been moved to a different Iberostar in Kos, fortunately that proved to be a great improvement . We would not recommend guests stay at the Odysseus

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank colinknight1943
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigaki
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa
#3 of 39 in Kardamena
Dimitra Beach Hotel
Dimitra Beach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas

Been to Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!