“Not bad”

Ranked #4 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Tigaki
Hull, England
“Not bad”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went there in July. Our rep dropped us outside just before midnight and told us everything was sorted. At reception they were not expecting us. Maria give us a key to a room and told us we would sort it out in the morning. That was really nice of her since she didn't have to do it. The room was close to the pool, ground floor and really suffered from a lot of traffic noise so didn't sleep.

I went to reception early to try and catch the rep but Maria beat me to it. She told me everything was sorted and offered me another room. This one was on the second floor, had the sun on the balcony pretty much all day long.

It was as hot as hell when we went - really I wasn't expecting the heat to be what it was.

Wi-Fi is available in reception - which is a nice place to sit and relax - but oddly it's not available in-room.

The hotel is situated next to a big supermarket so you can get everything you need from there. The room had a fridge and cooker too. We never actually ate at the hotel as a result so I can't comment on the food.

Beer wasn't really that cheap but Babis the barman is a good guy, he has time for everyone and he makes cocktails from scratch unlike a lot of bars where the cocktails come pre-mixed. Babis knows what he's doing and that is an asset.

Babis makes a point to know his customers and always says hello when your passing by and makes a real effort to make to you feel comfortable.

I should mention Maria too, I think she has a dry sense of humor which I liked and she too made you feel at home. In many ways Maria and Babis are the main reasons I would consider going back. Babis if you are reading this I'm sure we'll meet again.

The hotel is at the 'far' end of the 'strip' - I say strip because a lot of building were abandoned. The beach it at the other end of 'the strip' but for me that was a bonus because at night it was lovely and quiet with no drunken revelers to spoil the ambiance.

For eating I recommend Mamas 7Days which is nearby - nice food, nice people.

This has been my first trip to Greece and everyone told me how friendly the Greek were but it's sooo true. They are such nice people.

We spent most of our days sat on the balcony, going out to eat on the odd night and having a drink in the bar before retiring back to the balcony. Even during the night it is lovely and warn sitting on the balcony.

It's a 2 star hotel in my opinion. The rooms could use some attention but having said that it was well worth the price we paid. As I said earlier the people is what really make the hotel. The room was clean though and really looking back I have no complaints - I would go back again.

Anyway if you have any questions send me a message and I'll upload some photos of the room if I can find them.

Room Tip: Higher floor. There are only two floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
mcr
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just returned from our 2nd visit this year we were looked after very well by Maria, Marina and Babis(excellent cocktails) plus the rest of the staff. As in previous years we have had a great time and are about to decide when to book again for next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank B H
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed for 10 days, and had a great time here. The rooms were comfortable, whilst the hotel had a decent sized pool with a maximum 10 min walk to the main centre and beach. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Best aspect however is the bar manager, Babis who is an absolute diamond. Great banter every night, kept bar open for as long as you wanted. He even spent two days of his time off driving us around the island to the island's waterpark, a nearby castle and a top beach that we would never have found. A real pleasure to meet him,and he made what was already a good stay, fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was put in this hotel 2 days prior to arrival quite surprised,clean,friendly but basic and a good size.
12 minutes walk to the beach but one could always catch the bus The breakfast was good but the bar was even better Babis was an absolute gem
Pool area was small but good and good sun beds
would certainly go again

Room Tip: go for a room on the inside the outer ones suffer can from road noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Room not to good need updating but staff and barman Babas. Absolutely EXCELLENT, great stay in a beautiful place. To be honest without Babas Sunny Days wouldn't be the same. Location was a bit from the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
High Peak.Derbyshire
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were put in Sunny Days at short notice. 3 days before we were due to travel ,we were informed our hotel was overbooked & that we would be staying at Sunny Days.
When we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by Maria & Babis.
We were disappointed with our room as it was on a lower floor,so asked Maria if we could change rooms. She said there was no other rooms available at that time ,but to see her again in 3 days time .We asked again on the Sunday morning & were told we could move into an upper floor room .We found this room suited our needs ,good size ,very clean & good views Thank you Maria for making us feel so welcome Babis also very good barman ,enjoyed my cocktail each evening,drinks very reasonably priced .A very enjoyable holiday at Sunny Days .We would certainly stay there again if we were to return to Tingaki..,thanks to Maria & all the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We didn't actually book to stay here but loved it and didn't want to move. Maria and Babis the barman made us feel welcome and part of the family. Clean good size rooms with optional air con at extra 35per wk. Comfy sun beds by pool. Reasonably priced drinks at bar. Cocktails went down a treat.
Close to bus stop for bus to Kos town 2euros each way. Great beach down the road. Kos town has lovely beach too and a bustling harbour doing trips to bodrum turkey which can be booked in resort with pick up from hotel. Bike hire across the road only 3 euros per day. Jeep hire £55 per day. See the island in a day. Paradise beach was great. zia the mountain village is great for a good sunset and a meal. Lots of tourist shops.

Thorouly recommend Sunny days and Tingaki.

We travelled with our son and his girlfriend. Suits all ages.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the side road have a great view of the sunset and stay reasonably cool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple