“Good food in relaxing atmosphere”

The Waterfront, Song Fung Khong Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in Mukdahan
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Thai, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Waterfront-Song Fung Khong Restaurant & Cocktail Bar is situated on the Mekong River with 180deg River Views across to Savannakhett, Laos.The Cusine is unique in Mukdahan and offers you the choice of Both Western and Thai Dishes rangeing from Imported Australian Steaks,Lamb and Fish. New Zealand Green Mussels & Schollops,Norweigan Salmon & Cod,Delicious Duck & Pork Plus a Full Range of Thai Dishes & Salads. Dine Alfresco by the River or in Air-Conditioned Comfort, The Choice is Yours in EveryWay.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food was very good and specially the atmosphere (silent-view on the Mekong river) I could recommend.

1  Thank juergen_sb

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Dang runs a clean, efficient and talented kitchen, providing perfectly cooked "farang" fare alongside amazing, exotic local dishes. The staff are friendly and attentive. The view is amazing.

Both my Australian family and my Thai in-laws raved about the quality of the food here. Dang truly manages to meld the best of both world.. Keep up the great work Dang!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wow, some very interesting reviews happening here. 5 star or 1 star it would seem. I need to point out that my review is based on eating here a few years ago and it was simply superb! We were staying there as well (it is a B&B) and ended up eating all our meals here it was that good. Remember that this is a family run B&B so you are not going to get waitresses falling all over you or topping up your drink every few sips. What you do get is the best food in the area cooked and served with love in an amazing setting around the swimming pool on the banks of the Mekong river. We had Thai food and Western. Lamb, steaks, pies and the breakfast. It was all excellent and I fully recommend people to try this place if they get a chance so to remember what good quality food should taste and look like.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

It is clear that these people are well travelled. The execution of both the Thai cuisine and the International cuisine was exceptional!

I stayed here on my Honeymoon in October 2012, after a recommendation from a mate, and I don't regret it one bit - We ate at this restaurant several times during our stay and I have no complaints what-so-ever!

I am a HUGE fan of the cocktails they do, and all of the staff were super friendly and attentive. The view was also great (and very relaxing!) Hopefully one day I will be back!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

After travelling throughout Thailand for 2 months in November, December of 2012, I am pleased to say that The Waterfront is on the top of the list for me to return to. Although it wasn't 'fancy' dining, the combination of the friendly staff, the delicious food, and the gorgeous views made it feel like a 5 star dining experience!

Thank you to all who served and helped me and I look forward to seeing you in the future! :)