Lowest prices for your stay
$11
Free cancellation until 10/08/22
Travelocity$11
Agoda.com$10
Etrip$9
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is no resort, but it is clean and cool. The cleaning staff was great! The desk was not cheerful, but not rude. Then free WiFi never worked, but they said it would soon =). Close enough to walk to all the places we wanted to go. The bed was not too hard or too soft, but you could tell where heavy people had sat in the past. Needs a foam topper to be nice. Someone had broken the towel rack off the wall and it was barely hanging there. There were the 2 normal bottles of water in the refrigerator, and the small lobby had hot tea, chocolate and coffee if you wanted it. All in all it is good for the money. I don't know how you could expect much more for the price. The other hotels in the city are not that nice for the extra you will spend in my opinion. Ploy Palace is considered the best by the locals. There are to levels of rooms 100 baht apart. The difference is a refrigerator.

Room tip: I think you should not stay in a room close to the street and check the mattress if you want the best nights sleep.
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank btomatoe
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Really good central location, walking distance to everything in the centre of the city.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Paulandnid
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I stayed at this place because of the good reviews on here. Now for 500 baht I was not expecting anymore then a 3 star place at the best but compared to other 500 baht hotels in nearby cities this place did not cut it.

At first the place looked the goods. Friendly and clean for sure plus a great location but that is where the positives finished. As mentioned in a previous review they still have not fixed the internet so that was a disappointment. My hot water system did not work and the it took a long time to get wet with the dribble that was coming out of the nozzle. The car parking was of course welcomed but it was so small it was a real battle to park a 4wd in it.
There was only one powerpoint for the entire room. Not much good if you have a laptop, phone and camera you want to charge after being on the road for a few days.
Now, all of the above I can handle as I really am not that fussy but....... it was the bed that made me see red. It was the usual rock hard Asian experience - no problems there but it felt like it was built on 4 different levels! It really was the worst night sleep I have had in a very long time. Avoid room 415!

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank MeMock
Reviewed February 24, 2011

After being in Savannakhet for a few days in a shoddy guest house, it was a welcome relief to find this hotel that has a hot water shower a proper flush toilet and a room that was very clean and not at all noisy.
I had a decent nights sleep after the Lao guest house and would most definitely stay again when I am passing through Muka!
Basic yes, but a nice basicness about it.
OK the staff did not have English skills but what the heck it made me use my Thai skills.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2011

After reading reviews I thought I'd try this place and glad I did. Clean, comfortable, good location, and priced right.

My only issue was that the wifi worked in my room but no Internet service--meaning I could connect to their network but could surf. I didn't tell the staff as maybe they could have fixed it so I can't complain too much about that.

I'll stay here again next time I am on town.

Date of stay: January 2011