“Wonderful PR Experience”
Review of Tino's Restaurant

Tino's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful evening at Tino's. We had a very good experience. They had a very large, easily understood menu in both English and Spanish. Our waiter, Roberto, spoke wonderful English, which is great as our Spanish is poor!

We all ordered something different, and no one was disappointed. The prices were very reasonable. The only reason that I did not rate as excellent is due to location and atmosphere. The restaurant is located on the west side (non ocean side) of the road. The windows are covered, so there is no view of anything. Everything else was great. The restaurant was clean and neat, and very good parking in the back.
I highly recommend the flan for desert! Delicious!

1  Thank Linda H
There are newer reviews for Tino's Restaurant

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our recent visit. The fish broth was excellent, and the dinner included a small tasty salad. The mofongo de yuca was one of the most delicious that I have had, garlic loaded as I like it. We had mero ("grouper") and chillo ('red snappers") fillets for dinner, both were very well cooked and delicious. This restaurant still provides bread toasts with butter and garlic, an old tradition in Puerto Rican restaurants that is disappearing. The service was very courteous and the food was served quite quickly. We also enjoyed a really tasty sangria. This restaurant is priced lower than some of the nearby restaurants, but still provides very good food. This place do oes not have a scenic view, or an impressive decoration; just a place for going to eat.

1  Thank viatgesrjr
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We got there around 6 pm on a Saturday and the place was full. Only had to wait a few minutes to get seated. Had to wait quite a bit from that point on, but it was worth it.

We ordered some lobster things for the appetizer which were all right. The menu had quite a few fish options, we got one in garlic sauce and one in butter sauce. Both were very good although there was quite a bit of sauce. I had the mixed seafood mofongo and it was heavenly.

The waitstaff is really hustling but this place could badly use just one or two extra bodies. The waiters take your order and then go get your drinks -- but they have to make the drinks themselves -- margaritas, mojitos, etc. Really slows down the service. We were given bread, and some people around us got salads but when I asked if we were getting salad, they were out. But they quickly brought us out more bread to make up for it.

Despite things taking a while, I really would recommend this place. The servers are working hard and were very friendly, our guy didn't speak English particularly well but we made do and he was very nice. Other employees we interacted with were similarly very busy but nice. You just have to be assertive and call one over sometimes when you need something.

When I paid the check (had to get up and walk over to get it because they were so busy), the waiter shook my hand and sincerely thanked me for coming. When we left, the restaurant was only about half-full, which makes me think many patrons come here early to try to get their orders in before the place fills up and service slows down.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in the area and were looking for a decent meal. We took the TripAdvisor recommendations for this place and, boy did we love it!!! The mofongo was the best we had, definitely try the mixed seafood. Service was terrific and the prices extremely reasonable.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just got back from PR. Here's how dinner started at this place. A young kid sits us down right away and hands us dinner menu's. He then say's "What do we want as a appetizer" I say buddy, I havent even opened the menu yet. He takes our drink order and walks away. 15 minutes later a second kid comes over and takes our appetizer order. 20 minutes later 1st kid appears and drops off 2 drinks. A 3rd waiter comes over and takes our dinner order! Meanwhile watching this chinese fire drill unfold before our eyes, it was just plain chaos throughout the place. Other dinner patrons grabbing waiters for drinks and food orders. Needless to say it took 1 hour and 30 mins for our dinner to arrive! It sucked on top of it. Mine was luke warm. Not only did the service and food stink the place is on the wrong side of 308. Meaning no water view. How people rate this place so high makes me very very suspicious of the whole write up and trip advisor.