“The best restaurant in Cabo Rojo”
Review of El Gatito

El Gatito
Ranked #19 of 128 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Florida
“The best restaurant in Cabo Rojo”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Their seafood is very good and fresh. I had mofongo with seafood and it was the best ever. The service was great and the price is not too bad. Everything tasted so delicious.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank laamapola

New York City, New York
“Good seafood but a bit pricey”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went on a Sunday afternoon and the place was packed. My brother is a regular here so we were greeted quickly and seated in the air conditioned dining area which was a bit too cold. I didn't see others receiving the same attention which would have annoyed me if it happened to me...everyone has the potential to be a repeat customer!

We ordered surrullitos (corn fritter shaped like a small cigar) which were great. The Octopus Mofongo was good but had too much sauce. The Octopus was fresh and tender...very tasty. I felt the price was a bit high considering the portion. Gonzalez seafood in Mayaguez offered larger portions with similar prices. The empanadillas of conch were awesome!! I tried going back during the week to try other items but it was closed so I'm not sure if they are only open on weekends during non summer months. But lucky me because that's when I came across Gonzalez Seafood restaurant. I would return my next trip in P.R. but only for the empanadillas for other seafood and great service Gonzalez is the place for me!!

• Visited February 2013
Puerto Rico
“Great seafood, great prices...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We've visited this place for over 10 years; its a good family establishment, consistent in their offerings and atmosphere. The prices are very reasonable for the size of their portions; my all time favorite is their "conch salad / ensalada de carrucho" the kids always enjoy the "empanadillas de Chapin" the octopus is awesome as well.. The only downside is the service, most of the employees are very slow; but our favorite waiter is Omar, he is Very , very attentive.. If you are looking for fresh seafood and local fare, go to el gatito. We will definitely return.

Warren, Vermont
“bad food & service”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

went on a monday & it was empty. the place was jammed all weekend sow e thought that it would be good. It was not! The best thing was the octopus salad, The fried whole snapper was the worst I've had. it tasted old & under seasoned. the shrimp mofongo was rubbery. Go to Tino's, we wish we would have gone back there this night.

Visited December 2012
Puerto Rico
“Great seafood”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place is the place to go to get seafood at very reasonable prices. In the area, it is the one where you get the most for your money.

• Visited April 2012