We loved the Bahia Salinas and that corner of Puerto Rico in general. I can't say enough positive things about the staff - they were wonderful and welcoming (and humored me practicing my Spanish). Oswaldo (Ozzy) was particularly gracious when our dinner plans were interrupted one night. The cleaning staff is good and friendly. The setting is so beautiful (the pictures on tripadvisor are accurate and there are good guest videos on youtube). Yes, you can smell low tide sometimes - that is the difference between being in a sterile overdeveloped resort and being out in nature. The rooms are not very big but you will want to be spending your time outside in all the romantic sitting areas anyway. We were there when the resort was full but it didn't feel crowded and we never had to worry about reserving an ideal spot to relax by the pool or the water because there was always one available. Bring your own towels to take to the beach and visit Maria's bakery in town for out of this world empanadas. The food in the restaurant is delicious, I particularly loved the ceviche, skirt steak, and whole fried local snapper (it's not fast food, order early, relax and look out at the bay, and be patient). We were worried that staff and guests might not be too happy that we were travelling with our baby, but we found the opposite was true - everybody seemed happy to come smile and play with him. It is a quiet, rural, and breathtakingly beautiful place. My one recommendation for the resort would be to put bug screens on the windows so they can be left open at night (and the AC left off) and, increase the number of windows on the rooms during any future renovations. My one small complaint was that on Thursday night there was karaoke that was loud and could be heard inside our room.
We rarely visit the same place twice because we love to explore new places, but we hope to return to the Bahia Salinas.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Salinas Beach Hotel Cabo Rojo
- Bahia Salinas Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Bahia Salinas Beach
- Salinas Beach Hotel Bahia
- Bahia Salinas Puerto Rico
- Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa
- Bahia Salinas Hotel