“Best Hotel in the Area!! Beautiful!!”

Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
Puerto Rico
“Best Hotel in the Area!! Beautiful!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and our seven year-old daughter this past July and we loved it. The rooms were small but cozy and had the basics. The pool was clean and ample with an awesome view, absolutely gorgeous. We will return in December and definitely recommend it. The food was delicious specially the breakfast buffet. Staff was very attentive and prompt to assist us in all of our requests. This is a place to relax so if looking to party go somewhere else! Will post pictures!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Caguas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A little pricey parador located on the Southwesternmost tip of Puerto Rico (Cabo Rojo) near an abandoned lighthouse and a gorgeous beach (Playa Sucia). Hotel in the middle of a mangrove. Plenty of mosquitoes. Must bring insect repellent. The infinity pool is beautiful with an excellent view of the sunset. The standard room is small, beautiful and clean. No nightlife at the hotel. restaurant "Con el agua al cuello" is nice. Food was not impressive. Friendly service throught out the hotel, except at the reception. They have the worst service that I seen in a hotel reception. Prefer to pay attention to their mobile than to provide our keys at the check in. The same experience at the check out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We are happy that you visit us. We will like to explain and let you know that we have a staff that often gives us support in the area of the front desk who works in the area of customer service through our websites where most of the time working with the cellular response reservations and e-mails that the customer who write us with any questions you have. We apologize if this situation was uncomfortable or gave you the wrong impression during your stay in our Parador. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serve you again.
Utica, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I'm from frosty upstate NY and when my wife and I decided to go I had just had heart surgery at the tender age of 25. I needed to relax and just enjoy what god graced me with and that was life!! The sunsets there are something I'd love to close my eyes to for a final time, the service was great especially are server and bartender Carlos (probably a common name) he was not only helpful, but seemed to be genuinely interested in learning about his customers! I have promised myself I will be back, the resort owes my wife and I a massage, but that was only because the lady came down sick and I'm thankful they didn't just throw any person in there to rake on my back!! I have many pictures on my Facebook page and many jealousy friends!!

• Stayed December 2011
Cidra, Puerto Rico
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Only a sea sound, relaxing place. Very good meal. Excellent service. Infinity pool. Pool for kid. Free parking. Close to one of the most beatiful beaches, Playa Sucia, we have good vacation. Good hotel for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to the Spa and Gladys treated us like royalty!! She was great!! We had the hydrotherapy treatment, it's like swimming in the Dead Sea. The salt waters are healing and therapeutic, it was wonderful from my body, mind and soul; I felt so light afterwards. This place is beautiful, perfect for couples to relax, away from the stress of the city. If you are new to this are make sure to check places to visit, local restaurants, museums, parks, etc. because there is not much around the hotel. The Lighthouse is nearby and the National Wildlife Refuge, truly beautiful places that you must visit too!! Don't forget the OFF! because there are lots of bugs after 5. This place is very romantic and a real paradise for couple, if you have kids they have two pools (one is an infinity) but honestly this place is for people that want to run away from the stress of work and kids LOL.

Room Tip: Don't forget to visit the Spa, Gladys will make sure you feel like Kings and Queens :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Erik M
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Excellent place to stay and get away from the city and busy life...!!! Is close to one of the most gorgeous beaches of the west side of the Island, "Playa Sucia"...I really loved it!!! I would really like to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room was too small. The hotel is beautiful but it was boring at night. Food was excellent and service was very friendly. It was overall ok but there was no interest in keeping a fun environment, at night was boring and one of the days it was raining all day so we could not do anything. All the people were in the restaurant area to stay out of the tiny rooms but there was nothing to do. They need to add entertainment for those stsying during weekdays when there is nothing to do in town. Overall it was ok and cute place.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank mel1ssa
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Let's me explain a little bit about our Parador It's a place where you can relax and enjoy a few days surrounding by the flora and fauna. We are 10 minutes from Boqueron, 25 minutes from Parguera, areas that you can go and enjoy with family and friends. Our rooms are decorated like spanish contemporary not all our rooms are small, we have rooms with ocean view that are more bigger than the others. Thank you for your visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo Rojo
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 8 in Rincon
Parador Villa Parguera

Been to Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!