“Been there twice and loved it.”

Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
New York City
“Been there twice and loved it.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I ma rating it 3 because they can do with a little uplift, however this is not a 5 star marble bathrooms, parquet floors place, they go with the surroundings. I love the location, people in the villages and restaurant service. After being there I realized how nice, polite and friendly people in PR are. The offers are confusing sometimes, but over all it's fine if you don't care about decor and enjoy the outdoors of the PR island. They have nice pools, amazing views! and beaches that are unforgettable! I would go there again (if they do give me good price).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are gratefull to have you back again in our Parador. We are making some new changes to our rooms to make them more pleasent to our guest. We have different packages that you can choose, where you can see them in Expedia, Orbitz, and others even you can go to the web page shop.com or gustazo.com we also make special packages. We hope you can visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Haven't stayed there yet but, made a reservation two weeks ago, got a call the same day asking for my email address to send me the confirmation-never got one, got another call 2 days ago informing they couldn't process some additional charges with Amex, gave then another card, seemed the reservation was still on. Yesterday got another call telling me that original dates reserved aren't available anymore. NOT THEIR FAULT OFFCOURSE. I HAVE TO TAKE WAHATEVER THEY HAVE AVAILABLE NOW.

Looking forward to the service...

Room Tip: Make sure you read the fine lines, and all other reviews. Hope this helps.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeff H
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Sorry for inconvenience, we are confronted technical difficulties with our supplier of American Express and we are working with the situation so than can our customers who have this card can use it. Our Parador has 30 rooms and only work with the availability at the time. We wish that you have a good stay in our Parador and have a nice day.

Travelers are raving about these Cabo Rojo hotels

Villalba, null, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's a shame that some people just don't know how to treat customers. First of all, these people LIED about the offer. When I was doing my research to see where I was going to stay, looking for the best price and the right place, I called a few places and wrote down each offer. At the end I called Bahia Salinas because they offered me 3 days/ 2 nights and the 3 meals (breackfast, lunch and dinner) at almost the same price the other places only offered breackfast and dinner. I called twice, asked again, the lady on the phone said yes, the 3 meals so I booked.

Once there the story was a lot different. First of all, check in was supposed to be at 3pm, they made us wait half an hour saying the room wasn't ready yet. The room was in sight, I never saw anyone going in or out of it but they gave us the room half hour later. They also made other guests wait even when the place wasn't full. After they gave us a lot of restrictions, made us sign a lot of papers, the lady in the front desk gave me the food tickets wich didn't included lunch. When I asked for the offer they gave me on the phone she said very rude: NO OFFER INCLUDES LUNCH. So if you wanna go there, which I don't recomend, ask for an email or something written about the offer. I did and they just said they don't send that kind of information to customers so I will never go back until they do.

Food at the restaurant is GREAT, service at the restaurant is OUTSTANDING. The view from the hotel, the surroundings, the decoration, all GREAT, but the hotel customer service was a little disapointing. They close the parking gates at 11pm so if you get there after, you will have to honk a few times to enter the place. At some point I felt like a thief, being asked for the pool towels all the time, threatened to have to pay for any damages I found if I don't report them immediately... I think this is not the way for a serious bussiness to treat their guest.

The Salinas of Cabo Rojo are at walking distance as the Cabo Rojo Lighthouse and the Playuela beach which made the stay worthy.

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms 100, 101 or 102 unless you have a disability. I was at room 102 and the toilet h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Janet M
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Let me explain about our offers they include full breakfast buffet, main course dinner (only the meat and the side dish of the day, drinks, dessert and salad are not included you can choose from a preselected menubetween white meat, red meat or fish) and taxes included for 2 adults children under 12 years (up to 2 children per room) are free in the room and their comsume are paid by the parents, you can go to our website for more details. We do not have deals that include lunch we used to have an offer that included all meals but it was through a booking agency called Promohoteles. The reason why the gate closes at 11:00 pm is for the safety of our guests who are staying at the Parador. The towels are washed daily so they can have clean towels is why we are required to deliver daily.
san juan
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a weekend at this place. The smell wasn't very plesant, because is very close to a mangrove area, but the views and the decoration of the hotel is very nice! The pool was great, and the check in was very fast and easy, they just tell you where is your room located, so you have to take all your things by yourself to your room. I have to tell this, I buyed the stay at this hotel on a website call Guztasos, 3 day 2 nights for 168.00, the bad thing about this is that the room location runs on the house, so they gave us the last room, close to the street, and at the time we arrive they where cleaning it. I really don't know why but the floor was sticky, with a mold smell, and the bathroom was something that really desapointed me. There is no fridge in the room, so if you want to drink anything you have to walk all the way to the bar. To be honest we didn't event try the restaurant, because we felt a bit unconfortable.

Room Tip: ask for a room in front of the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank watagata
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Good morning let me explain about our Parador, we are located within a Natural Resource surrounded by wildlife, we are alsoin front of the salt mines where rarely the smell comes can be felt. We have different types of rooms with sea views, partial ocean view or no view and depends on the availability I have at the moment of the reservation. Thank you for your suggestion and have a nice day.
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Cold reception, dingy, seriously moldy, fluorescent lighting, dank rooms with pillows reeking of mold. The outside was so beautiful we paid for the rooms before looking at them. Big mistake. They were very put out by our request to switch rooms. No manager around, we actually paid the "upgrade fee" for a smaller, but non-moldy upstairs "villa" which was much nicer. Our friends' room had a broken air conditioner and we had to wait two hours for maintenance to look at it. They said there was no problem, but it was indeed broken. They at least were switched rooms without having to pay the upgrade fee. We had to wait in line for 10 minutes to get towels for the pool. The restaurant staff seemed new and unskilled in customer service. The chicken was half raw.
Here's the entertaining part of dinner: The cocktails on the menu have no description of what they are. Drinks like "hot love," "tropical sunset", "black coconut" and some others with no telling what they were. We asked the server to tell us about the cocktails. He said he didn't know, left, and returned with the maker of "hot love" who explained what was in that cocktail. "Hello.. I am the maker of hot love"...and he told us the 10 ingredients in the drink.. So, what's in the other ones? "Oh.. one moment..." they went and got another guy. "Hello I am the guy who made the tropical sunset" A freaking Saturday night Live skit, I swear.

Had to wait half an hour before leaving to speak with the manager in the a.m. to get refunded our "upgrade fee".. Really, for $192.00 a night I expect something REALLY nice with no problems.

The pool's nice. Breakfast buffet was good!

Room Tip: No ground floor rooms! They're all dank and mildewy! Second story rooms have nice views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Holly N
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoyed our Parador. We have different types of rooms and rooms with sea view and private balcony with extra cost. We did everything that was in our power to repair the air conditioning and we did fix. We regret any inconvenience and have a nice day.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Reviewed June 17, 2012

After spending a horrible night at Boquerón Beach Hotel, we arrived to this paradise. The setting is relaxing, the people friendly and very interested in your well-being. We had a magnificent view form our room; the infinity pool and the ocean, palm trees, a picture of paradise! The price, fantastic, since included dinner and breakfast, and I mean dinner and breakfast. For dinner we just added a bottle of wine, to make it a perfect romantic evening. Some patrons found pleasure in karaoke, and we found pleasure laughing. Great evening. I recommend it to couples for a few days of really relaxation. The front desk employees helped us to get to our next destination, by calling some hotels and getting advice from them. We would definitely repeat this treat.

Room Tip: Rooms in the second floor, whoao factor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
We are glad that you had a pleasant stay in our Parador. We work every day to offers you a quality service. We hope we can count with your presence again and have a nice day.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is my second time in Bahia Salinas. First time was in 2005, and recently in June 2012. The pool area, as well as the lobby area are beautiful, and adequately mantained. However for some reasons there were many bees in the pool area, which made the experience not as relaxing as it could be. Service is good overall, except for the spa employee which decided to start using insecticide to kill the bees at 11:30am on the day of check out, while people were relaxing in the pool area. It looked like she was trying to make people go away, not to kill bees.

Rooms are clean, however bed of room 114 is in very bad condition. The last time I went to bahia salinas this was one the best things of this hotel, however the bed quality in this stay was really poor.

Food is average as well, nothing to be impressed. Bar service is good.

This parador is getting kind of expensive for locals, which can get better offers, at bigger and more luxurious hotels. I hope they can work out these few issues, so hotel quality overall can improve. Not very sure, if I will be going back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ewarrington
We are happy to have you back again in our Parador. The reason why there are many bees is their season and for being in a nature reserve we can not take them out but we call some people who are authorized to remove the bees and the situation was resolved. Improvements were made in our rooms we bought new matress for best comfort of our guests. Deals are being prepared for our customers to enjoy our facilities. Thank you very much for your suggestions and look forward to your visit again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo Rojo
#2 of 5 in Boqueron
Parguera Plaza Hotel
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929
Parador Villa Parguera

Been to Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!