“Muy Delicioso”
Review of Brasas Steakhouse & Pasta - CLOSED

Brasas Steakhouse & Pasta
Cuisines: Latin, Steakhouse, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in an old historic house at the Recreation Plaza. Our restaurant serves high quality Angus Beef accompanied with a variety of home-made sauces and sides which match perfectly, making your culinary experience an unforgettable. House signature dishes are the BBQ St Louis Ribs and the Stuffed Skirt Steak (with cream cheese and sweet plantain). We also have a variety of other dishes for every taste. Eat good, feel at home!! On Saturdays (Karaoke night) the kitchen hours for main courses closes at TEN O'CLOCK. After this, we still serve appetizers, nachos and our famous all beef and chicken burgers. On Mondays (Karaoke night) there won't be serving main courses dishes. We will be serving all that was described ago plus chicken wings specials.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Simply stated, EVERYTHING on the menu is delicious! My parents live in Cabo Rojo an I visit often and can't wait to eat here. It's menu is diverse and every option is FANTASTIC! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant. The service is good the Mojitos are SOOOOOOO GOOD! they use real lemons. Also the staff are so polite and family friendly you can't go wrong. I totally give it 10 stars and I'm a pretty tuff critic when it comes to food.

2  Thank Naomi F

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had the ribs and they were great. The pasta servings are large. We found that it was easy to split a meal between 2 adults.

1  Thank Continent-Bouncers
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was excellent !!! it had great taste and appearance . I try the plantain soup and the chicken breast filled with amarillos. My sister try the ribs,which it had a great taste . Great service from the server ( I don't remember his name) even he was kind of rush because the place will be close in 1 hour. Overall it was a excellent experience ! : D

Vilma R, Owner at Brasas Steakhouse & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We will correct "our being rushed" treatment. Our clients deserve having a relaxed meal no matter what time they come in. Glad you enjoyed our filled chicken breast, and our delicious ribs. Will be glad to service you again. Have a great Christmas!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

ok, steaks are good, service is a little slow. Wines were great and the outside tables are really nice. Had a great tiem with clients at supper.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

After a hectic week on La Isla, and in spite of many disappointing dining experiences at similar places, we gave Brasas a shot. After all, it's right accross from the lovely old Cabo Rojo Plaza, and , as part time residents of the area, we like to support local businesses.
The chorizo was sausage, not chorizo. The wait for the entrees was too long, and what was really annoying was our server kept her back turned to us each time she entered the small room we were seated in, rather than explain the delay or offer to accomodate. The Fra Diavolo pasta sauce hit the mark just fine, but the pollo tough and dry; churrasco/yuca etc.not bad, just ok.
I'll grant that the place looked fine, and the staff tried to be enthusiastic and this is the kind of spot the area needs a few more of. Nonetheless, as usual,next time I'll eat at the simple, but fabulous "Mr. Special" cafeteria on Road 100, because there they just serve you very very good food for very little money, and I'm not reminded of how lacklustre or worse service in the "fancier" places of the my beloved Cabo Rojo can be!!

Vilma R, Owner at Brasas Steakhouse & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Our sincere apologies for Brasas not meeting your expectations. Not to make excuses, but it was Father's Day weekend and we were very full as you probably saw. Our entrees are cooked at the moment to assure their freshness (unlike Mr. Special) and there were several large tables ahead of you. You should had been notified of the waiting time. Regarding the chorizo, I sense you were expecting Spanish chorizo instead of Argentinan. Being from different countires, they are very different. But all in all, they are both sausages.
As for the server keeping her back to you, it is unavoidable for this to happen when there are other tables in the same room. I am sure that when she was waiting your table, she was giving someone else her back.

Again, I am sorry for your disappointment and we ask for the opportunity to change your impressions about us.