“needs improvement, Perich's has potential,staff needs more training”
Review of Hotel Perichi's

Hotel Perichi's
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
Florida
“needs improvement, Perich's has potential,staff needs more training”
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband was born and lived in P.R. for 5 years of his early life, I am Puerto Rican, but was born and raised in New York City. This is my second time at this parador, and yes it does need alot of TLC, has been neglected and it really needs alot of updating, the staff is pleasant enough but they lack customer service training, Our stay was okay but when we first arrived there was no one to greet us. We arrived at 2:30 AM and we were told that someone would be there to check us in. Because of the inconvienience we were given one free breakfast, the room was musty and not cheery, is out dated. the bed linen looks old and not fresh. My husband and I would like to buy this Parador for we can make so many changes for the better. We have the experience, and I think we can make a difference. The pool we did not used for it had algai. All this place needs is some upgrades and some incentives to be offered to the clients, The lobby does need upgrading and some cleanup, it does look neglected and old, Now the dinning restaurant is nice, needs ambiance. we were treated okay. The rooms need to have Irons and Hair blowers and prettier drapes very old and outdated. We hope to have the opportunity to stay here again but under better conditions. The surrounding areas need alot of improvement and there is no beach! there is water front and maybe at one time before all the housing was put up there was a beach but it needs improvement............ but it has potential......... I hope the owner reads these reviews so that he can make the changes necessary. Its ashame that this area is not being attended too. Puerto Rico needs someone who would care and nourish it. It's a beautiful Island but it's own people don't care......................... People wake up if you don't take care of the Isla del Encanto, it will be no more....................................

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tiger72950
Perichi, Manager at Hotel Perichi's, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We are extremely grateful for your review. It was very interesting and to the point. We agree that our beautiful island needs care, and it is our best interest to improve in this area, as well. We are taking notes of your comments for improvemnt. Please stay in touch. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tenochtitlan1965
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We saw an ad for this hotel in Que Pasa magazine and thought it mught be nice. But be warned, there is NO BEACH, what they call a beach is a small strip in front of someone else's home. When we got there, the staff in the front desk is rude and nasty. They placed us on the 3rd floor and there are NO ELEVATORS and we have very heavy luggage. We asked for a room in the 1st floor but again we were rudely informed that the hotel was fully booked. Our car was the only car in the parking lot and I realized that evening that we were the only people in that hotel because their restaurant is also empty. We got out of there early the following day, and we asked if they have continental breakfast, coffee and some toast and again we were informed rudely that we have to pay for it. So we got out of there by 7 AM the following day. NEVER AGAIN !

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your comments regarding our Hotel. We are surrounded by beautiful beaches throught all the southwest of Puerto Rico. The view to the Pacific Ocean is wonderful. Even though they are not at a walking distance, they are very close if you have a car. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your short stay.

Travelers are raving about these Cabo Rojo hotels

Orlando
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Terrible experience. Will never do it again. Heed the warning. Dirty stained sheets, dirty walls, and dirty disgusting furniture. Not to mention completely rude staff. You pay american dollars but you get rude staff and dirty room. Couldn't pay me to stay there again.

Stayed April 2008
Sorry for the inconveninces. We appreciate your comments. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Thanks for the review.
Leominster MA
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Ok, my biggest complaint was the attitude of the staff. The room was clean, tho of all the places we stayed it was the only one with carpets. I like the tile floors that everyone else had - the are cleaner. Otherwise, for the money it was a good value. Didn't go to the pool or the beach it was a one nite stay - Christmas nite. Dinner
in the restaurant was decent, but not great. The early wait staff had no idea about many items on the menu. The second shift came on while we were there and I will say he seemed more competent. Breakfast was another story, quite good and plenty of food served by the pool with a smile from a nice young lady. The front desk personal were cold and not very accommodating, but they did locate face cloths when we asked.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — staff and cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank enneagram9
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your comments and suggestions. You gave us a good rating on our location and value. Thanks
Tallahassee
Reviewed September 11, 2006

I will try to be brief and concise. When we arrived at Perichi’s, the first view of the hotel where hanging mattresses that resembled the hanging Gardens of Babylon. We all thought, “oh well, they are renovating” so we didn’t put much thought into it.

When we got our keys, accompanied with a generic TV remote, I grabbed our baggage and quickly went to our room to try to get a hot shower after a day of sight seeing. Walking towards the room, I saw that the doors seemed old and rustic; I thought it was part of the ambiance.

When I opened the door of the room the hurricane sounding air conditioning was on and the moist/molded/cigarette air embalmed my nostrils with pizzazz. The bed covers had a huge unidentified stain right in the middle of the bed. I quickly took the covers and threw them in the corner of the room. When I do a 360 look around the room, I thought I was in the movie Trainspotting. The walls where stained and cracks where noticeable on the ceiling. When I enter the bathroom there was a blue toilet bowl from the 60’s accompanied by a blue sink and blue tub. I have to say that the blue matched perfectly with the blue “flower power” tiles on the wall.

I walked back to the room and noticed that they where triangle shaped patterns on the rug. When I took a closer look, I realized that they where hot iron marks. It seems that a several guests left the iron on the floor. After I laughed and told many times to my girlfriend that I was sorry, we laughed and played along with the hotels crack house theme. I went to the front desk to complain about the room and they just stared at me like I was speaking Cantonese. For the record, I’m from Puerto Rico and my primary language is Spanish.

The morning after our arrival we ate breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast was good and I cannot complain about the service. While I was eating, I was looking at the people that where working on the renovation of the hotel. They where spreading a roll of carpet. What was strange is that the carpet seemed old. Then I realized that they where replacing the old carpet with used carpet. Of course, how can you keep a Crack House themed hotel working with new carpet or new appliances. Maybe they just leave the carpet in sea water for days and employ people to intentionally burn the carpets with hot irons just for looks.

Overall I have to say that the hotel is a mess, I stayed in the room in the front of the hotel and they seem to be the worst ones in the premises. The staff was nice although the administration keeps the place looking cheap and tasteless. It’s very sad that on this part of the island there is a limited amount of choices when it comes to hotels or bed&breakfast. My advice is, spend 20 dollars more and stay somewhere else. This is definitely not worth the money. Maybe they should change the name from Perichi’s to Perish’ s.

Stayed August 2006
9 Thank wjgrover
Your comments are welcome. Definitely, you stayed during remmodeling times and is understandable. Sorry for the inconveniences. We are now taking notes of all reviews for improvement. Thanks.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2006

WE travel to this area often.Been to cabo rojo 6 times.This was our worst stay ever.The A/C stopped working the first day.After they got it going again they said do not touch the thermostat.It stopped working again before we left.The room was not cleaned by housekeeping well.Rooms were musty.They told us that the americans are usually the first to complain.We left early after termites infested our room and had to pay for a night we did not sleep there.We will begoing back to Cabo Rojo soon , but not at Perichis.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your comments. Even though nothing is positive, we are sorry for your inconveniences. We are now taking notes of all reviews for improvement. Thanks
NJ
Reviewed April 1, 2006

Stayed here 2 days with my sister; we both know island very well. We stayed at Perichi's on business, not vacation. The brochure for Perichi's, as well as a lot of the PR tourist literature, is misleading. There is no beach in walking distance, at least not any you'd like to bathe in. There is a picture of a beautiful beach in the brochure but if it is the beach the receptionist claimed it was, it is a long car-ride away, and I suspect that it was taken a long time ago when it was still nice. The waterfront by Perichi's is completely covered by a string of eateries and houses, not all in the best condition. The pool faces the parkinglot. The most basic rooms, in the main building, are musty smelling, have no hangers in closet.
On plus side, it was clean, staff is very nice and restaurant is good. Eateries along water have good local food.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank mcap1
Thank you very much for your review. Thank you for the positive comments. We will take note of the negative ones for improvement. Thanks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo Rojo
Cofresi Beach Hotel
Cofresi Beach Hotel
#4 of 5 in Boqueron
Parguera Plaza Hotel

Been to Hotel Perichi's? Share your experiences!