“Nice guesthouse with a friendly staff at a very calm beach”

Combate Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here at our first trip to PR for 5 nights and had a very nice recently renovated spacy room. The staff was always very friendly and had very usefull recommendations for places to go and restaurants. Unfortunately the hotels Bar/Restaurant was not open during our stay , but there were very good local restaurants in walking or short driving distance. We enjoyed the calm beach just behind the hotel - and walking just around the next corner (or even further) you are completely alone at the beach. In 100 meters from the hotel beach side you will find some beach restaurants serving very good local food (and also very good Pina Colada).
Once we come back to PR again this hotel would again be our choice for the Cabo Rojo region

Room Tip: We hade one of the new renovated rooms above the front desc biulding
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Loved the staff, very friendly and resourcefull. What a wonderful location. Hotel has been recently updated with a cool modern feel. We only stayed one night, but if I go back it will be for longer. The food in the restuarant was very very good. A very relaxing atmosphere. We didn't get a chance to use all the amenities, but they had every thing you would need to a nice vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and i celebrated our anniversary here one weekend and we absolutely loved it! We stayed in one of the new rooms that they added and it was very nice and cozy. The pool was great and the little sitting areas they had around the pool was very relaxing. There was also access to the beach just a short walk threw a little gate. The beach was so beautiful and so calm. Overall the place was very clean, peaceful and such a nice place to get away from it all.

The staff here at the parador and the restaurant were super friendly and very helpful. They were always very attentive and aimed to please. They made us feel very welcomed all the time. I love it! The food at the restaurant atleast in my opinion was soooo good . All the way from the appitizers to the desserts. I loved everything I ordered. It was a little pricey but for the quality it was worth it. The only thing I can say bad about it (and its not that bad) is the continental breakfast. I wish it had alittle more variety other than just bagels, bread, ceral, coffee and orange juice. They did have a menu to order other breakfast items but it also was a little pricey and I rather spend my money in the restaurant at night instead of just some eggs and bacon.

I will definitely come back because I loved the location and the staff was excellent! :)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank LeslieDiana83
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I enjoyed staying here last month, they waited for me to arrive at mid night, the breakfast was good, the staff are nice and rooms are extra clean, I kayaked every day, very peaceful and a short distance from cabo rojo light house

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The beach really made this place. We walked half and hour before we had to turn back. Its a lovely beach to walk andyou really feel like your on the Caribbean side with the crystal blue water. The beach was very calm and very accessible for swimming. On weekdays, very few people were there. The pool was very nice and surrounding area. The room was very clean and had a refrig. Our first night, I went to take a shower and the handle fell off. The next morning I told someone at the desk that it needed to be repaired but we could still use the shower without the handle. We stayed there 3 nights and it was never fixed. The bed I found to be very hard as a rock and I would wake up with a stiff aching back. The continental breakfast was just that. Coffee, juice cold cereal, bread and bagels for toasting and hawaiian rolls(seemed not to fit). There was a menu of pancakes, eggs etc for an additional cost. The service at restaurant was great and they thoroughly explained the menu. At dinner, get a couple tappas to split along with sides.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackshouse
Combatebeachresort, General Manager at Combate Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thak you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel and had a great vacation. We checked our maintenance log and didn't found any entry about a loose shower handle, but be sure that we will perform a full inspection of every room to make sure it is fixed before any other guest has any inconvenience.

In terms of the mattress, all of our mattresses are orthopedic, and brand new.

We hope that you choose to stay with us next time you decide to take a vacation. We promise you will have an excelllent vacation again!

Xavier Ramirez
GM

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just visited this Parador for a getaway. Was more than I expected. Very clean, great room. I'm a nature lover, so this was a perfect place to take beautiful photos of nature and relaxation.Very accessible, this is perfect for a couple to escape from the city stress. The beach is gorgeous, clear blue water, and the hotel have many options to have fun, for example kayaking, biking. Excellent costumer service the personnel was super friendly. Very near of different options of restaurants and places to go and have fun. The only reason I did not give a 5 star rate is because of the coffee, was awful.This coffee does not make justice or Puerto Rican Coffee. I will consider again to book again in this Parador and recommend it by far.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your excellent review. We love going far and beyond to surpass our guests expectations and assist in making their vacations the best.

We are surprised with the comment about the coffee of our breakfast. We always get good reviews about it. Our coffee comes from the mountains of the beautiful country town of Jayuya, in Puerto Rico, where good coffee is a must.

We hope to have back soon.

Xavier Ramirez
GM

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The location of this guest house is at the edge of a federal reserve with a spectacular beach. The value comes in the way of a blending of modest basic accommodations with an outstanding tranquil and beautiful ambiance. It has a good restaurant and bar, and is located just 10 minutes away from a wide selection of other restaurants. A splendid getaway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
CasaBlanca Hotel
CasaBlanca Hotel
#5 of 47 in San Juan

Been to Combate Beach Resort? Share your experiences!