“Good family restaurant”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant more times than I can remember. It is very good and have never had a bad meal. The currie night gets really busy. (I think usually on a Thursday) but the food is always nice and the staff are friendly.

There are newer reviews for The Cock Inn

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've had a number of perfectly pleasant pub lunches here over the last few years but today wasn't one of them! When you order Thai style noodles with chicken and prawns you don't really expect the chicken to taste like cardboard and for the noodles to be a glutinous mass still retaining the square shape of the packet they came out of..... A shame really as my companions' meals were absolutely fine, just a lack of consistency really.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have visited this restaurant a number of times and constantly find it appealing.
Either as a couple or a family occasion it never seems to get boring. I always find the staff friendly and welcoming - something which is becoming increasingly scarce in modern establishments, sadly - which is always a bonus.
The last visit was with my family. We waited about 15 minutes for our food which came steaming hot. My daughter was even given an extra portion of scampi which certainly made her visit even better.

The layout is large and unobtrusive which means you aren't constantly hearing other diners' chatter.
Always recommended.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Cock Inn is our local restaurant so we go often for food, it is convenient. Prices are good including a free bottle of wine if you order over £15 worth of food (not sure this special is still on). Food is typical pub style, some days are better than others. Service is always good, staff are friendly. They change the menu to provide some variety which is good but when I wanted to order chicken wing as a starter the last time, they were no longer on the menu. Maybe they need to get customer feedback before making changes.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Been in a few times, always been pretty good. Never had any problems with the food, on a couple of occasions I've waited slightly longer for food than I would have expected 45-50 minutes. Even when it's busy I don't think you should be waiting more than 30mins. But yeah always been very good and I use the restaurant every couple of months.