“Very rude”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very rude”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me and a few friends came in tonight with high expectations as we have attended many times. Although was very disappointed ordered the chicken ceaser salad and was very dry and not good value for money. We were in for about 45 mins when a young girl handed us the bill and told us we had to leave because they were locking up!!! As far as i am concerned there is not a certain time for a restaurant to be shut u wait untill the last person has left! There was also a man who was very ignorant!! Will not be back and will be letting my friends and family know the poor quality of service!!!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Catlover1888

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not great”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Been before when it was previously hungry monk and always loved it. Checked out the menu to see if my old favourite 'chicken Sofia Loren' was still on the menu and it was - but once we arrived the menu turned out to be different from what was online - alas no Sofia Loren. Asked the waiter and he peppered me with excuses as to why - we've just refurbished and the new menu isn't updated on the website yet, no apologies of any kind and no suggestion of any other chicken dishes on the menu! I opted for a cheeseburger and my partner the steak. The service was fast and friendly but the cheeseburger was distinctly bland and the steak was chewy, needless to say the waiter proceeded to ask every other table around us if their meal was ok but seemed to give us a wide berth! Paid the bill and asked for a customer comment card but was told 'we don't have any' so opted for the manager instead. The manager 'Scott' turned out to be the waiter that served us although he had no name tag on. He again explained that the Sofia Loren had been taken off the menu and that I could perhaps leave some feedback on the website (the website that he previously told me wasnt live yet!) again no real apology of any kind. Staff were professional and food was hot and fast, but would I go back? No, it's become a bit brewers Faye and for the price, quite frankly I expected better.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Chrischalliday
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Re-Named and Rewarded”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My Wife, Daughter and I called in for Sunday lunch.
Having visited previously when it was The Hungry monk, I must say that the new décor is lovely. It's bright, very comfortable and the view over the loch is stunning. The staff were very pleasant and helpful without being pushy.
Now for the food: My wife and daughter opted for dishes from the main menu which caters for everyone, if you can't find anything on this menu that you don't fancy then you must be very picky. They both thoroughly enjoyed their meals.
I opted for the carvery and I'm glad I did, it was incredibly tasty. The meat choices were cooked to perfection and there was also a vast selection of veg as well as all of the trimmings.
I will go back again without hesitation.
Thank you Management and staff for an incredible lunch in lovely surroundings.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank TrevEv
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Likeable Loch House”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having eaten at The Wheel House at Langbank a number of times we thought we'd try the Loch House for a change. 8 of us had Sunday lunch and we all opted for the carvery. We all enjoyed it and the choice of meats and vegetables was very good. We will go back.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jackie P
Glasgow
“£2.95 for a bottle of diet coke at the carvery!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended the Carvery at this newly refurbished restaurant by friends but we were both very disappointed with the experience.

The place is lovely decor wise, but the food was average and the drinks we ordered were way over the top price wise, which made the bill in the end more than we expected, not the end of the world but when you think for two soft drinks , namely diet coke bottles 330ml, cost us nearly £6 this was enough to say we won't be back. If you ever eat there order water, goodness only knows what alcohol must cost, overall I would stick with a Toby carvery personally, better value for money!

Visited May 2013