“Have your sences relaxed in idyllic surroundings”

Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halfmoon Bay
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Took the ferry from Hourseshoe Bay, recommend you make a booking at holiday weekends. trip took forty minutes. After a fortyfive minute drive along the coast line we took the exit for Rockwater which was well sign posted.
The entrance of the resort reflects the name Secret Cove as it gives nothing up until you reach the main building, even then the view is protected.
After easily parking the car we entered to check in, we were welcomed by the view of the cove and warmly greeted by the receptionist.
Check in was smooth and we were walked to our tent, in the loose sense of the word, along the broadwalk, our attentsion was drawn to the scenery.
Once we got to our tent and entered our first reaction was 'wow', it had all the mod cons, and our private deck was facing the sea.
Service was friendly and efficient, food was good.
We had a great stay enjoying RockWater's tranquility.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 10, 2009

From the minute we checked in to the minute we left it was absolute perfection. There is something that is wonderfully quaint and peaceful about Rockwater. It has all the amenities of a high end resort without the attitude. It feels like you step back in time to when things were simpler...and better.
The tenthouses are beautiful but so are the rooms in the lodge.
The food is as exceptional as the view.
If you are lucky you might be able to be a spectator at one of the many weddings they host.
Make sure you go kayaking it is an experience you will never forget. Another unforgettable experience is couples massage in the tent by the water. Too good to be true.
We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Surprised my wife of 17 years, with a trip to Rockwater and a stay in the 'tenthouse" Now that is my type of camping! The room was totally luxuirous, the bed, the shower, but the attention to detail and how well everything fit not only the decor within the room itself, but the tenthouse really fit with the landscape and enviroment around. The deck is phenomenal, the view, watching the sunset, with a nice bottle of wine, and your spouse beside, you perfect.
We left our room to go for dinner, and what a great meal. Small resorts can sometimes suffer from doing one thing well, and not the others, but at Rcokwater that have got it! The halibut with risotto, and the boulibasse were great, nice and fresh, and the service was truly personal.
For that great little get away, this is the perfect place! Since being back I have recommended the Rockwater to friends, and family , and look forward to our next stay. And because of the Rockwater, I think my wife will keep my for at least another year.

Brad

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Tired of hotels and resorts that dont live up to their websites and pictures? The Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the exception to this apparent advertising rule. Every part of the resort was well represented by the website, and offered stunning view after stunning view.
My partner and I went to the Rockwater on their elopement package and were married on the deck of our tenthouse. From the warm reception, to the "we'll take care of everything" attitude of everyone we encountered, it was the perfect location for our private ceremony. (We saw at least 2 other weddings while we were there, it is also a great venue for larger weddings.)
The service was top notch, no request was too trivial or too much to ask. Our room attendant took the time to get to know us and what we appreciated, and we left feeling like we had made a friend.
The tenthouse suites are unbelievable, so rustic and back to nature, yet filled with amenities that make you want to stay forever. Heated slate floors, gas fireplace, huge spa tub, candles everywhere, and falling asleep to the sounds of the waves on the rocks. It all adds up to the most romantic trip we've ever had. Factor in the seals splashing in the bay and the deer making their way along the rocky shore, and it was a slice of heaven.
Here is a tip to new guests: close the french doors by about 5pm each evening to avoid unwanted mosquito guests in the room. But bring repellant just in case you cant bring yourself to close the doors.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

Though remote, this is a fantastic location for relaxation. The tent suites are quite secluded from the rest of the resort, and give you a sense of solitutde. The view is great, and besides the spa, there are many other activities which can be arranged. We are definitely going back. Both the menu and wine list are extensive, and the food is well-prepared by a very talented culinary team.

Reviewed September 2, 2009

Even though the RockWater resort is close to home for us living on the Sunshine Coast B.C. , we love to stay in their wonderful tent house accommodations, as we feel completely transported to what seems like a far off place away from it all ! We also very much enjoy the first class food and service! It is always and exceptional experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

At the end of July I purchased a Gift certificate for our parents as a gift. Tell me if I am wrong, but it doesn't seem to be a big issue to split the costs with two credit cards nowadays. A couple weeks later my brother in london england informs me he was charged twice. I myself see that I have been charged once as well. The resort has over charged us. It seems like a simple error that can be fixed with a phone call. Three weeks later and I am still waiting, several calls and emails later no one really resolves the situation. We don't know if anyone is looking into it, no one is contacting my brother. Finally on the next visa statement there is a refund. Yes!! Unfortunately It isn't for the proper amount. Again maybe its because there is a different exchange rate from the day of purchase but the resort still owes my brother the difference of $20 Canadian.
I call again, no return calls, no return emails. I realize it is only 20 bucks but I do not think my brother should be paying for the resorts error. That is common sense. We are not unreasonable people, this could of been taken care of in less than 2 minutes on the phone IF SOMEONE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN BACK TO US!!!
I am disappointed with their customer service. I thought we were purchasing a luxurious getaway for my folks. Now based on the crappy service I am thinking about just telling them to go somewhere else.
If Rock Water secret Cove is trying to compete with the top hotels and resorts in the same class, then you would be failing miserably in my books. I will gladly spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009
Secret Cove Cottage Suites
Secret Cove Cottage Suites
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
Backeddy Resort & Marina

Been to Rockwater Secret Cove Resort? Share your experiences!