The tent cabins look to be outstanding. There are 16 of them strategically spotted in the woods to the left of the main facility and connected by a long boardwalk with railings. The main lodge has a beautiful outdoor heated pool and the views from all windows are fabulous. The dining room is attractive....particularly the lower one.
However....the main building must be at least 40 years old. We stayed in room #46 which was nicely furnished.....the bathroom was quite small but there was an outside deck to sit and admire the views. We did not check out the cabins but they appeared to be equal in age to the lodge.
Dining was a nice experience....nothing spectacular but the appetizers and entrees offered a nice variety and they had a good wine list. It is the setting that makes this such a spectacular experience.
Unusual and hard to rate...if one stayed in the tents you would probably give it 4 or 5 stars. If you stayed in the lodge or cabins you would probably give it 3 stars. Trade up and go for a tent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay, Sunshine Coast