“Foggy trip to Secret Cove”

Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halfmoon Bay
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I shared our first anniversary at Rockwater. What a splendid romantic get-a-way. We could not have enjoyed ourselves more. We had a very foggy few days which only added to the private secluded feel of the location. For couples needing some time away, rockwater is perfect. They say October is Red Wine and a book month. It really is the best description. The staff was wonderful and our room was perfect. Overlooking the small bay made for some unique photo ops when the fog rolled in. I cannot wait to come back in the summer and take advantage of the super diving and riding opportunities along the sunshine coast.

Room Tip: Tents are the primo spots. If able they have 4 tents right on the edge of the cliff and the views we...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank You very much for spending your first wedding anniversary with us here at the Rockwater Resort and Spa.

We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and we look forward to be at your service during the summer of 2014.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We got married up at Rockwater this past August and it was everything we had hoped for.
The people there were so helpful. The stand outs would be Rhian and Ivan.
Ivan made us feel like family, like we belonged at Rockwater. He went above and beyond for our parents and family, our most important guests. He was kind, efficient, and never got frustrated when I emailed him too many times about room lists. He was always delightful and professional.
Rhian was the captain to our ship. She had everyone on the same page, a hard thing to do with so many people all wanting to talk. She made everything feel easy and stress free. Our wedding was made to feel exceptional by Rhian. Her ability to get to know us as a couple was so awesome. She got us right away. She was even aware that the bride hadn't eaten lunch, so she brought us a menu and gave us suggestions of things that would be easy to eat while getting hair done!
We had one issue with a curt staff member, and quietly brought it up with Rhian and she handled it like a dream. She apologized on behalf of her colleague and after that the curt staff member changed her tune. Effortless and classy.
I would recommend anyone put their wedding in the hands of Rockwater, so long as those two are still running the place.

Caitlin and Chris

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank You for taking the time to post an on line review pertaining to your wedding which was held here at our Award Winning Resort.

I was dissapointed to hear about the curt behaviour of one our employees which we dealt with immediately upon you advised us as such.

We thank you also for selecting our venue for your overall wedding experience and look forward to seeing you again here at Rockwater in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding here and it really was an amazing weekend. The weather was beautiful and the scenery absolutely stunning. We were married outside near the water and the reception was held in the same spot under a tent with string lights and a clear roof. The staff was excellent. We had the whole resort booked and I talked to the front desk many of times leading up to the wedding in order to shift our guests around in the rooms. They were helpful and understanding each time. The events coordinator, Rhian, did an amazing job during the planning process to help make our wedding unique to us and she worked tirelessly to make sure all of our plans came to life on the day of the wedding. She is well organized, very personable, and overall a pleasure to work with. Im actually kind of sad I don't get to talk to her anymore!

Since the Rockwater does a lot of weddings we were hesitant about being run through the mill but I can honestly say that our wedding day at the Rockwater was very special to us. Our guests had a blast exploring the sunshine coast and we loved partying under the stars until the wee hours of the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for a fantastic review and also for choosing The Rockwater Resort and Spa as your wedding venue.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and wish you two all the very best.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

What can I say? As a mother you want your daughter to have the wedding of her dreams and Rockwater Resort was more than I could have asked for with all of its amenities. The location is amazing and the accommodations are top notch. None of that mattered to me as much as the service and the resort was superb. Rhian, the wedding planner was the perfect match. She listened to what we wanted, she helped us with being realistic and staying within our budget, she was quick to answer any questions and she took charge on the day of the wedding. The day of the wedding she was organized, appreciated and supported my daughter without causing any undue stress and she made sure all of us were happy with decisions. I think she actually had control of the weather!!!! The staff who worked with us were cognizant of our needs, polite, friendly and willing to do whatever to keep our guests happy. To top it off, we even had great help the next day including smiles from the staff who were up to all hours the night before with our party. We had a 100 guests, with an outside tent and the rehearsal dinner was in the small dining room on the Friday night because of rain. Thanks to all for an amazing weekend - well worth the money as it was a great party and filled with many memories.

Room Tip: The tents are great for romance, cabins good for groups and hotel rooms good for those who want to b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Greetings from the very beautiful Sunshine Coast of British Columbia and your friends from the Award Winning Rockwater Resort and Spa.

Thank you very much for your kind comments as it means a lot to our whole team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently had our wedding at Rockwater resort on October 5th, 2013. We could not have dreamed up a better place to do it then here. From the first moment we visited Rockwater, a year ago, we fell in love and have never been disappointed. The staff are so warm and inviting, the food is AMAZING and the scenery is beautiful. There are so many great people who work there but 2 very special people stand out in my mind. Firstly, is Ivan, the front desk manager. He is the nicest most genuine person and always manages to make you smile. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of and comfortable and makes you feel like you have known him forever, instantly you feel his warmth. Secondly, I would like to take the time to mention Rhian, the most wonderful wedding coordinator. She truly is a wedding angel, our wedding angel. Without Rhian, our wedding at Rockwater resort would not have happened, or at least how we would have liked. She really went above and beyond dealing with whatever we threw at her. She managed to be a mediator with family when we were fed up and felt like it was all too much. Rhian truly is a 'mother type' figure but in the best way possible. She is stern and forceful when she needs to be but comforting and caring when she feels you need someone to lean on. She went threw a lot of stress and headache (sorry Rhian!) to make sure we had the very best wedding possible. She far exceeded our expectations and we can not thank her enough. All of our friends and family who attended our wedding had nothing but good things to say about all the staff. We left feeling happy, relaxed and overjoyed with the experience we had there. We only wish we could do it all again it was so wonderful. We know that we will be back up there however for our first anniversary, and maybe sooner, and so we have that to look forward to! Thank you to all the staff at Rockwater Resort!!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write an Amazing review pertaining to your recent experience at The Rockwater Resort and Spa.

It was our pleasure to be at your service and thank you also for your kind remarks about Rhian and Ivan which I have relayed it to them as such.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

All the very best.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had our wedding here in August. It was perfect for us - a combination of a "camp" type feeling because of the cabins, which was great for the kids (they spent half their time in the pool), but also a nice, civilized resort setting with great food and comfortable accommodation for the older folk. The famous tenthouses more than live up the the hype. A splurge, for sure, but more than worth it for a very unique once (or maybe twice :-)) in a lifetime experience. The accommodations overall were probably a little on the pricey side, but in my opinion worth it especially if you are attending a wedding. I thought that the cabins were very cute, and romantic in their own way.

The restaurant food was excellent, especially considering that Rockwater is a fairly remote location. The service could be a little spotty, but everyone was clearly trying their best . Our guests raved about the food at the wedding buffet, and the rehearsal poolside BBQ was amazing. I felt the food and beverages were reasonably priced, and more importantly the staff at Rockwater (we dealt mostly with Rhian) were more than upfront about cost estimates. For example, if I told Rhian we'd like to order 10 appetizer platters for the cocktail hour, she said we'd be fine with 8. Not only is this ethically correct way to work with guests, it ensures future recommendations instead of complaints...smart!

Speaking of Rhian, she is Rockwater's secret weapon for weddings (Ivan at the front desk is also unforgettable!). From when I first called her in February to when we said goodbye after the ceremony, I truly felt that she had our backs and wanted us to have a fabulous wedding almost as much as us. She even "fluffed" my dress just before I walked down the aisle. Now that's service! All of her tips and recommendations were beyond perfect. I have to give a shout-out to Chris Mortensen of Lucid Imaging (photography), Nanci at Les Fleurs de Fi (flowers) and Jeannine at Creekside Salon (Hair). Each one of them did outstanding work at very reasonable prices.

To sum up, I'd say that if you want a destination wedding in a gorgeous location that's not too far away, Rockwater is your place. If you're looking for a romantic getaway and can splurge on a tenthouse, there's nowhere (anywhere) better than Rockwater. If you're on more of a budget or travelling with family, a cabin or room at Rockwater is still a great option, but there are also some other nice Bed and Breakfast places on the Sunshine Coast that might be worth a look as well.

PS I did not have any of the spa treatments, but the wedding guests who did loved their massages.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

You are Fantastic!

Thank You very much for an amazing review pertaining to your recent experience at Rockwater Resort and Spa.

Please note that your shout-outs will be personally relayed by me to all concerned.

Thank you again and wishing you all the very best.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I attended a friends wedding and its was a beautiful location for a wedding, a very romantic setting. Everything was excellent from the service, the great food and beautiful scenery. The rooms over look the water and I enjoyed sitting on the deck in the morning having my coffee. The tents are so beautiful and ideal for a nice romantic get away.

Pricing was fair but I didn't get an opportunity to use the spa but those who did said it was wonderful.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor and it was quiet and I had a great view of the ocean. Bathrooms ar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon L
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Sharon L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Rockwater Resort and Spa with all on line readers.

We look forward to be at your service again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Halfmoon Bay
Secret Cove Cottage Suites
Secret Cove Cottage Suites
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
Backeddy Resort & Marina

Been to Rockwater Secret Cove Resort? Share your experiences!