Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$84
$116
$77
Painted Boat Resort(Madeira Park)
$225
$218
Hotels.com
Sunshine Coast Resort Hotel & Marina(Madeira Park)(Great Value!)
$147
Ruby Lake Resort(Madeira Park)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Restaurant
$116
$99
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewstent suitessunshine coasttenthouse suiteheated floorssecret covethe main lodgebeautiful locationget awayjacuzzi tubour honeymoonunique experienceceiling fanromantic getawayon the rockscouples massagemini fridgespa services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying in the tenthouse suites last weekend. There was only one tenthouse available when we booked last minute and it was one of the less private ones. The front desk offered to put us in one of the more private ones for one night so we could experience it and then move us to the other one on the second night. We just had to pack our bags and leave them in the room and they moved them for us. What a great option because we liked different things about both of them. The suites were gorgeous, clean and the beds were heavenly.
The views are like nothing you will ever see anywhere else. Sitting on our deck, overlooking the ocean with a bottle of wine was amazing. We ordered room service and had it within 20 minutes. Someone had posted that the restaurant was expensive. I'm not sure where you're eating because it was very reasonably priced for such wonderful food.
We had breakfast the first day at the resort and it was incredible. Great view, service and the bacon benny waffles? Ridiculous!

We rented kayaks one morning and that was wonderful that we could do that right from the resort. When we returned, we had massages in the outside tents and they were perfect. Great spa staff and well trained.

The manager Dikran made a point of checking with us a few times to see if we were happy. I suspect if we were not, he would have made it right very quickly. He was a charming host and I was very impressed with his easy and hospitable manner.

There was a wedding checking in and there was a large crowd at the front desk. We were coming to get our new keys for the second night. Ivan at the desk saw me, reached behind the desk and handed me my keys over the counter. Wow! He knew why I was there without me saying a word and didn't want me to have to wait. Pure service!

All of the staff were wonderful but Andrea really stood out for us. With her easy going east coast accent and her happy personality, we were so impressed. She was just a doll and very accommodating.

My boyfriend and I have been to many high end resorts and Rockwater is at the top of the list. Great food, great service, beautiful setting and amazing suites. I can't see how anyone could ever complain about anything here. We will be back next summer for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank You very much for a fabulous review and we look forward to seeing you again at The Rockwater Resort and Spa.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Beautiful venue for a wedding. Lovely staff and gorgeous views. Kayak rentals on the beach. Surrounded by forest and ocean. Hidden away and private. We stayed in one of the log cabins. Very nice. Only downside was the cost, but we were here during high season. The boardwalk to the tent/yurt area was quite beautiful. I didn't use the spa, but there is one. I wouldn't normally stay at a resort so this was a nice change.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank You very much for your kind remarks about The Rockwater Resort and Spa. It was our pleasure hosting you and all the other guests who attended the wedding.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be at the Rockwater Resort for a few nights recently and cannot say enough good things about my stay.
From checkin until checkout the entire staff was very accommodating, friendly and professional.
The Kitty Hawk Cove Tenthouse Suite was clean, well maintained and is the perfect location for a secluded, relaxing getaway. The setting of the resort is nothing less than spectacular and the view from private inlet of the Kitty Hawk Tenthouse was great.
I wanted to experience the surrounding area so only ate a dinner on arrival and a breakfast the morning of departure. Both were quite good.
A massage at the Spa without Walls is a must !!
Will definitely return !!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We loved having you stay with us as well.

Thank You very much for your kind remarks about our beautiful Resort.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Well the setting is beautiful, and the service was excellent, but that's about it.

We stayed in the suites which were dated and reminded me of a very average small town motel.
Shower pressure was horrendous, and temperature inconsistent. Likely my top10 worst shower experiences.

Although the service was fantastic, there was a few instances where I found myself waiting for someone to show up at the front desk.

Perhaps if I has paid a third of what I did, then I could consider this acceptable value. I think a B&B in the area might be a better choice.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank You for the very kind remarks about our location and overall service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of water pressure in your suite. We are in the midst of conducting an investigation as to why this type of an inconveniece took place in order to ensure from reoccuring.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

All the very best.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This a fabulous location but any impression of the resort will depend upon the choice of room/cabins/tents for accommodation. The core facilities (reception, restaurant, bar, pool) are very old but well maintained. The oceanview rooms also fall into this category and ours was well appointed and comfortable but it was dated and the small bathroom was somewhat inconvenient. Although we didn't see inside them, the cabins look to be ancient and have all the appeal of a garden shed. At the other end of the spectrum the tented suites occupy the resort's prime real estate and would be our choice if we stayed again although I don't know how well they would cope with cold and windy weather and the outermost tents would be a long haul from the restaurant on a cold and rainy night. Most of these shortcomings can be forgiven on account of the sublime location. The resort's restaurant is a cut above the average and certainly the best anywhere hereabouts.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for the tented suites.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tedstravelblogs
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Tedstravelblogs,

Than you very much for your very fair and candid remarks pertaining to your recent stay at The Rockwater Resort and Spa.

I also appreciated the complimentary review regarding your culinary experience with us which is considered to be one of the best on The Sunshine Coast.

As for our luxury Tent House Suites, they are as popular in the spring/winter time as they are during our busy summer/fall season especially during the weekends. We also provide room service year round (15 hours per day) for those guests who wish to remain inside their luxury accomodations or sitting outside their deck.

We look forward to welcoming back to Rockwater Resort and having you stay in one of our Tent House Suites.