This post is a bit late, but we had our wedding at Rockwater in mid-August 2012. It was truly the perfect venue for us, and we were very fortunate to get the booking due to a cancellation 8 months before our weekend.
Our wedding was planned by Ashley at Spread Love Events and she highly recommended this location. She was 100% correct because the weather in August was blue skies, mid 20's temp, shooting stars at night, and an extremely intimate venue. Sounds tacky to say but it really was a dream venue for us.
The natural beauty of the venue is obviously the best part of the resort as it creates a very West Coast feel, something that was important to us with international guests coming to the wedding. We stayed with our friends and family at Rockwater for the full weekend including a full resort bookout the day of the wedding. The bookout gave us the flexibility to have our party go late into the night, and there weren't any complaints from neighbors at other resorts as our party did go late into the night.
The staff at the resort were the next best thing. They helped us a lot with room juggling and Ivan/Rhian at the front counter helped us shift guest rooms numerous times throughout the weekend without any complaint. Everyone was super friendly and this helped us to make our weekend run very smoothly.
The food in the restaurant and during the wedding was very good, personal favorite being the crab cake eggs benedict in the mornings. Excellent!
Although some of the rooms were a bit dated in the cabins and lodges, none of the guests had any complaints at all as they are clean and the beautiful surroundings really make up for it. The tent rooms are spectacular, although quite pricey in the summer. Is it worth it? I think so, because waking up in the morning to the sound of waves is beautiful.
Guests had a lot to do during their free time with kayaking at the resort seeming to be the highlight. Sitting under the stars at night with friends looking at the shooting stars were memorable as well.
One complaint would be the fire pit...We planned to do a campfire one night, but it was right near the septic tank which ended the fire pit experience in about 15min...
All in all, we love our experience at Rockwater and there is no other place we would have liked to do our wedding. Great location, great staff, and great memories.
Thank you to everyone at Rockwater for the wonderful day and Spread Love Events for helping us get the most out of the location with your ideas and design.
D & A
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay, Sunshine Coast