“Very Good For The Price”

Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halfmoon Bay
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was a suprise for my boyfriend's Birthday, I arranged a tent and paid the extra $50.00 and boy am I glad I did, we got Tent #60 the best view, I also arranged room service for breakfast brought out to the tent. we were so happy we arranged a 2nd night but could not stay in the same tent. so we arranged to get tent #54 where it was nice but trees some what blocked the view. don't get me wrong all tents have a view but some tents are nicer then others. My only issue was that the floor heating wasn't working and though the staff member came out and tried to solve the problem. The tent was on the cold side as I suffer from Raynaud's and I wasn't very comfortable. In the morning breakfast took longer then exepected as a flood of room service orders came into the kitchen and the staff disappeared to deal with the room service forgetting there were other pardons in the restaurant waiting. ( 8 other couples )
At check out I was a bit disappointed as our bill didn't reflect a credit for the heat problem. When you pay $349 a night (non perfect view) you expect everything to work.
Finally after waiting for the manager to return my call 2 weeks later I was informed that a credit was issued to my credit card for the inconvievnce.

Room Tip: If you go make sure you pay the extra money for Tents #58,59,60,61,65
1  Thank bclady2012
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear BCLADY2012,

Thanks very much for posting a review pertaining to your recent stay here at the Rockwater Resort.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and also for not returning your call for two weeks as Ivan our Guest Services Manager explained to you on the phone that we accidentialy misplaced your file during our renovations of the resort's administrative offices.

I was however glad to hear that we resolved this particular opportunity to your satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had a tent house right on the water's edge and it was great. Spotlessly clean and perfectly presented it offered an unusual but super place to stay after so many regular hotel rooms during our trip. To unwind in the jacuzzi set us up for a really good dinner and we were not disappointed. Family joined us for this and a variety of dishes were ordered and consumed with great relish. Two huge bowls of fresh, plump mussels in a lightly curried cream sauce started us off and was, as they say here, awesome and a welcome variation on the ubiquitous white wine version. I intend to try this out myself now we are back home but I doubt it will taste as good. Halibut, just in season, was my main course choice and it was wonderful. The service was excellent. Breakfast the following morning was cheerfully served by Gemma whose bright smile and attentive service set the day off to a great start as we left to continue our trip.
By the way, we see the resort specialises in weddings and must say it is a beautiful location for this kind of event. So, if this is on your mind, do not hesitate - this is a great place to start your life together

Room Tip: Tent No. 60 is right on the water's edge and not overlooked.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear Derek W,

It is such a pleasure to receive a wonderful review from a Senior Contibuter on Trip Advisor.

We were very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time here at the Rockwater Resort.

I will be sure to personally pass on your kind comments to Gemma.

We look forward to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very clean & very good service. we enjoyed our cabin. Food & service at the restaurant is very good too. the only thing is we couldn't get wi-fi in the cabin but we were there mostly to enjoy the nature. If the weather is not good, there is cable tv in the cabin if you want to stay cozy indoor. Beautiful environment!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Asminc,

Thank You very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor pertaining to your stay at the Rockwater Resort.

Our cozy and rustic 1,2,3 bedroom cabins are very condusive for couples and families travelling with children.

Although we have full wireless internet access throughout our resort, please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of Wi Fi during your stay.

We hope to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

If you ever find yourself wanting a truly unique getaway check into a tent house suite at the Rockwater! We had read about the resort but hadn't had the time to visit until recently.

The service we received from our reservation was highly professional yet friendly. Ivan made us feel that we were truly in good hands the moment we arrived and took time to assist with any questions we had. During our stay we had dinner in the restaurant and breakfast on our private deck, both delicious meals and again fantastic service.The tent suites are wonderfully luxurious and comfortable especially the stunning views!! We will definitely recommend and return to the Rockwater in the future!

Room Tip: Stay in a tent house suite.
1  Thank lara c
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Lara,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience here at the Rockwater Resort.

It was our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

With all our best,

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My partner, Diane and I, are parents, pet owners, volunteers on a number of boards, not-for-profit groups and community causes, and run multiple technology/web/marketing businesses. We definitely regularly hit the point in our lives where we need to take a big step back as a couple to recharge, reacquaint ourselves at a deeper level and check in about our dreams and hearts' desires for work, family, travel etc. amid the craziness of day to day life.

We decided to take a spring weekend 'away' on the Coast at the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort. I really had my doubts we could truly unhook ourselves for the two nights & days away. After all, it was only 20 minutes from home... like driving to head to a cafe or a movie. Would we actually STOP?

The tenthouse suite stay was amazing and totally worth it compared to staying in one of the cabins or in the hotel, in terms of a romantic getaway. Check in was smooth and friendly, with our dinner and spa reservations handled on the spot despite last-minute changes, and we were off along the cliffside boardwalk.

We must have walked it ten times, and never tired of it. Our tenthouse was about halfway along, with views of Ole's Cove, Texada Island, Welcome Passage and Thormandby Island, screened by firs and arbutus.

The actual suite was gorgeous, with heated stone floors, jetted and lighted tub for two, rainforest shower on the other side, huge and scrumptious bed with plenty of pillows, ample storage for the weekend, a small fridge and really good in-room coffee & tea. (I love my teas, and they were brilliant ones.)

From our bed we could look out over the trees and water, and hear birds and squirrels up on and over the hillside behind the tenthouses. A lot of the time we just sat out on the deck and watched life go by, or left the doors open and played cards, sitting at the table at the foot of the bed with very comfy lean-back cushioned wooden chairs. Honestly, we never even tried to fire up the iPads. We barely even read our books. It was enough to just sit... and yes, STOP.

The Baltic mud bath wrap & massage - mine delivered by a woman originally from Kazakhstan with a delightful Russian accent - was thoroughly blissful. I'm so glad we did the spa thing - it really made the weekend.

Oh, but the food! I've been to the Rockwater over the years and food has been hit and miss. No longer. Chef Jan and his kitchen staff turn out the most amazing food, meal after meal. My Saturday breakfast of eggs benny was divine - you'd think eggs benny is eggs benny, but that was the best hollandaise I have tasted in years. Perfect espresso and lattes, and quick service too.

Dinner was even better. The scallop appetizer has to be tasted to be believed, and my bouillabaisse main had so many kinds of fish I stopped counting after 7. Diane had the pistachio-crusted halibut and the taste I snuck was delicious. Desserts were equal to the main courses. Surprisingly the Resort was hosting 3 elopements and a wedding and service was still quick and friendly.

Sunday the entire Resort seemed to check out simultaneously so the wait was a little longer in the dining room, but I finally found a crab cake I like. I've only been looking for about 20 years.
We sat together, truly peaceful and relaxed for the first time in months, recalled the weekend's highlights and promised we would come back soon. We almost added to the waves of lovers and bridal parties with an engagement of our own... next time.

I can't believe how much of a getaway this was for us, even as Sunshine Coasters. I returned home with energy, and stop often to think about the eagles teaching their young one to hunt, the kids playing by the water near the hotel, the beautiful swimming pool with incredible views.

We met a pair of the newlyweds, and a couple visiting on an anniversary, and everyone said the same thing - they're going back. I can't wait.

Room Tip: We liked our tenthouse suite location at midpoint and up on the hill a bit higher. It was far enough...

Dear Laurie,

Thank You so much for a wonderful and very detailed review of your recent stay at the Rockwater Resort.

We were delighted to hear that You and Diane had an amazing time with us and look forward to being at your service again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

If you are looking for a unique accomodation and not far from Vancouver....go to the Rockwater Resort!! The tents are a very unique and amazing experience. We read many times about the resort but never had the opportunity to travel to the coast due to our very busy lifestyle.

We decided to do just one night, and try the place and see if everything that we read was real. I only can say wow. Bext place in BC to surprise your other half..now for sure she will be marrying me. Those tents are incredible, so relaxing and quiet, a great getaway for anyone that need 24 hours away from the city.

Food was amazing, even their breakfast...West Coast Benny, my favorite!! We have some spa treatments...a great way to start or finish your day.

Thanks to all the staff, Toni in reservation who took care of us. Levi in the restaurant, and the spanish dude Ivan, who made us feel like family since the moment we enter at the resort.

We will be back very soon!!!

Room Tip: Waterfrot tents........its worth it!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Thank You very much for sharing your recent experience at The Rockwater Resort with all trip advisor readers.

It was a pleasure to be at your service. We are truly blessed to have superstar calibre employees such as Toni, Levi and Ivan working at our Award Winning Resort.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We have been hearing by our friends to check the tent suites for months. Everything about their arrival, the walk to the tent, the tub and of course the food.
We were greet by one of the clerk, i think his name is Evan. What an amazing service for a front desk agent, as he treat as a real guests and not like a number like many hotels. He was very knowledgeable about the resort and also the area.
Once we got in the tent, we got a follow up phone from him to check if everything was ok. And even in the morning when he great us for breakfast he remember our names.

We had a great dinner, and you can see that the restaurant is very popular as it was very busy. The tents amazing, worth it to pay for the extra $50 to guarantee the waterfront. If Evan makes your reservation he will do the best to get you a nice one, unless he did to us.

We had breakfast in bed, only took 25 min to be deliver and it was still warm..nice way to start the day. Spa, amazing, however we will come back in the summer to try the Spa without walls..Lori and Laurel where our massage therapies.

Great place, location and staff, thank you again for this amazing experience. We will be back!!

2  Thank Ivan M
#1 of 3 in Gibsons
West Coast Wilderness Lodge
Backeddy Resort & Marina
Pender Harbour Resort & Marina

Been to Rockwater Secret Cove Resort? Share your experiences!